- Movies Cannes 2019: Priyanka Chopra & Nick Jonas Drop Major Couple Goals At The Red Carpet On Day 3!
- News Manipur: NPF to withdraw support from BJP-led coalition
- Sports FA Cup: Manchester City 6 Watford 0: Sterling hat-trick helps secure unprecedented domestic treble
- Finance Here's How Google Is Tracking Your Online Purchases
- Automobiles Bajaj Auto Confirms November Launch For Husqvarna Twins — And So Our Watch Begins
- Lifestyle The Resort Attire Or Party Attire: Which Attire Of Priyanka Chopra Jonas’ You Liked More?
- Education Gujarat Board 10th Result 2019 To Be Declared On This Date
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
You can now download Amazon Alexa app from both Play Store and App Store
The developers and engineers have optimized Alexa in such a manner that it understands Hinglish.
Amazon launched its Alexa-enabled devices Echo, Echo Plus, and Echo Dot in India earlier this month. The developers and engineers have even optimized Alexa in such a manner that it understands Hinglish.
You can download the Alexa app from both Google Play Store and Apple App Store. Alexa not only understands the Indian version of English, but also understands some Hindi words. In India, Alexa delivers a customized Indian experience, including an all-new English voice with local pronunciations and intonation; support for music titles, names, and places in additional non-English languages; local knowledge; and local skills from Indian developers.
For instance, the Alexa refers living room as 'drawing room' just like the way Indians do. What's more, the virtual assistant can add jeera (cumin), haldi (turmeric) and atta (flour) to your shopping list.
In addition, the Alexa knows that the Independence Day of India is on August 15. It can even wish you "Happy Diwali and a prosperous New Year!". Sounds quite exciting, doesn't it!
"We wanted our devices to talk, walk and feel Indian," said Parag Gupta, Head of Product Management, Amazon Devices, India, while commenting on the launch of Alexa app in the country.
Amazon has joined hands with some of the top Indian companies to make Alexa more Indian. It can connect to websites such as NDTV, The Times of India, Ola, Amazon Music, ESPNcricinfo, Freshmenu, Saavn to name a few.
Talking about the functionalities of Alexa, it can answer questions, play music, read the news, set timers and alarms, check the calendar, provide sports scores, control lights at home, and much more.