TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Lok Sabha Elections 2019 LIVE — 'Surgical Strike' On Poverty, Assures Rahul Gandhi
- IPL: Match 5: DC Vs CSK — Live Updates
- What Is Rahul Gandhi's NYAY Scheme For The Poor?
- India's Chandrayaan 2 To Carry NASA's Laser Instrument To Moon
- INRacing — India’s First Homogeneous Racing Simulator; A Must-Try For Motorsport Fanatics!
- Badrinath- An Ode To Pilgrimages And Spectacular Natural Splendour
- PeeCee Lets Her Hair Down With Nick In Miami!
- What Is West Nile Fever?
Rediff Launches News App for Android Users For Free
Popular web portal Rediff.com has launched a new news app for Android devices. The app is currently available from Google play store, free of cost. The app allows users to browse through a compiled set of latest stories from various Rediff news sections including Business, Movies, Sports, and Get Ahead.
Rediff has used a tile based interface for this app and there is also an option provided for disabling images if required. Users can also go in offline mode and they will still be able to read the content.
Chairman and CEO of Rediff.com, Ajit Balakrishnan was quoted saying,” With all that’s going on in India and the world, it’s easy to miss the stories and events that impact our daily lives.” He clarified that this new application is designed to keep users up to date with what is happening around them in different streams like business, entertainment, sports and technology in a concise way.
The new app also features shortened version of reports with a link to the original articles on Rediff’s mobile site where the readers will be able to read the complete article. Readers will also be able to share the article on popular social networking platforms like Facebook, Twitter and also via Whatsapp, SMS and email using the app.
Manual refresh feature is complemented with automatic refresh too every 3hours,6 hours or once during the day, which can be set as per the convenience of the users.