TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Four-Storey Building Collapses In Gurugram; Many Feared Trapped
- Virat Kohli To Be Rested For Last Two ODIs And T20I Series Against New Zealand
- New Mahindra Thar Model’s Spy Pics Out Again — Is It The Largest Indian Off-Roader Ever Made?
- PayTM Mall On Republic Day — Samsung Carnival Offers
- Best Low-Priced Stocks To Buy For 2019
- Ajay Devgn Shares His Opinion On #MeToo Movement
- All You Want To Know About Toothukudi
- Deepika Padukone Adds Another All-black Ensemble With This Airport Attire
Sony has announced the latest addition to its A7 series of mirrorless cameras, the A7R III. The announcement was made at an event held in New York. A7RIII is an upgrade over 2015 launched A7R II which has managed to persuade photographers and videographers into developing a liking for it for its small design and exceptional performance.
The A7R III offers the same 42.2-megapixel BSI CMOS sensor, but with a new front-end LSI which Sony claims will effectively double the speed of the sensor. It also gets an updated BIONZ X image processor which is supposedly 1.8 times faster than the one on A7R II. A7R III has a burst shooting rate of 10fps.
The maximum ISO value has been tweaked up from ISO 25600 to ISO 32000. Talking about the autofocus, Sony maintains that it has given the A7R III a more precise and quick autofocus. The Sony A7R III has 399 phase detection autofocus points which cover about 68 percent of the image area.
The latest A7R gets a higher resolution OLED electronic viewfinder (EVF), dual SD card slots (for UHS-II and UHS-I cards) and USB Type-C (USB 3.1, Gen1) port. Sony has also added a joystick on the rear panel for easy navigation and for conveniently choosing the focus points. A7R III gets a 3-inch touchscreen for touch focus and an 'AF On' button.
The A7 series of camera, since its inception, has been the tool of a majority of videographers. A7R III is no different when it comes to dauntless video quality the A7 series hosts. The Sony A7R III will go on sale in November for about $3,200 (approx. Rs. 2,08,100)