TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Nagrota Attack: Free Run For Terrorists
- 5 Best Short And Safe Investments In India
- Ban On Registration Of New Vehicles In Bangalore — Does It Really Make A Difference?
- Launch Alert: Huawei Mate 20 Pro To Launch On 27th November
- Deepika And Ranveer Bangalore Reception: All You Need To Know!
- F1 Raceweek: Alonso Farewell Looms
- Typhus - Causes, Symptoms And Prevention
- Have You Visited These Saltwater Lakes Of India?
Nikon has launched the 1AW1, the world's first waterproof and shockproof digital interchangeable lens camera. The new product comes from a company that gave us the Nikonos Calypso, a series of 35mm film cameras that were specifically designed for underwater photography back in the 60's.
Yes, there are plenty of waterproof cameras in the market, but this one happens to be shockproof (upto 2m drops) as well and has an interchangeable lens system. Also, its freezeproof and can handle temperatures as low as -10 Celsius apart from being dustproof. So we're talking about one very tough camera that can also deliver some high quality pictures.
Under the hood, the waterproof body houses a 14.2-megapixel CX-format CMOS sensor that tops out at 6,400 ISO. Like most other Nikon 1 cameras, this one uses the hybrid-AF system, which happens to be very effective thanks to its continuous AF tracking.
The camera is compatible with Nikon's full range of CSC lenses. However, only two of them are waterproof - the 1 NIKKOR AW 11-27.5mm f/3.5-5.6 zoom lens and the 1 NIKKOR AW 10mm f/2.8 wide-angle lens. We expect Nikon to provide some more waterproof glass soon.
For us, the Nikon 1 AW1 looks like a very, very promising camera and we can't to pick one up for ourselves. Its rugged design and tough body are wonderful for those of you who drop things a little too often.
Pick it up with the 11-27.5mm lens and you can get it for Rs 49,752. The variant bundled with the 10mm f/2.8 lens retails at Rs. 62,190.