- 3 min ago Why 16-inch MacBook Pro Uses 9th Gen Intel Chipset Instead Of 10th Gen?
- 2 hrs ago Motorola RAZR Complete Specifications Leaked Hours Ahead Of Official Launch
- 6 hrs ago 10 Best Smartphones That Got Price Drop In Last 30 Days
- 11 hrs ago Motorola Sales Declined By 71% During The Last Financial Year: Report
- Sports Dutee Chand features in TIME 100 Next list of the most influential persons in world
- News Google doodle celebrates Children's Day with a 'Walking Tree'
- Movies Ranveer Singh-Deepika Padukone's Wedding Anniversary: 5 Times The Couple Spelt Love In Bold!
- Automobiles Spy Pics: Hyundai i20 To Feature Sunroof, New Alloy Wheels, And More
- Lifestyle Laziness Can 'Really' Kill You, Reports Study
- Finance Retail Inflation At 16-Month High In Oct; Breaches RBI's Target Of 4%
- Travel Kalady – The Land Of Holy Shrines
- Education Children's Day Essay: Top 5 Ideas To Write An Essay On Children's Day
Nikon's latest V1 and J1-two mirror less Camera
Nikons 1’s series consists of mirror less cameras that have interchangeable lenses. These cameras have the advantage that they are compact and portable than DSLR cameras but in the same time offering much higher clarity than normal portable cameras. This system has been 4 years in the making and hence all the imaging aspects are polished and styled to perfection.
The two main models in this mirror less camera line up is Nikon V1 and Nikon J1. These cameras are based around a cutting edge and revolutionary lens mount as well as a new and unique CX format sensor.
Features and specifications of Nikon V1:
EXPEED 3 high speed dual image processors
Electronic view finder along with Live LCD panel
NIKKOR lens system
High speed auto focus CMOS imaging sensor
Wide ISO range
10.1 mega pixels
Nikon 1 lens mount system
Dust reduction system
Exposure metering system
EN-EL15 Lithium –ion battery
Battery life: 350 shots
Weight: 294 grams
Features and specifications of Nikon J1:
10.1 mega pixel AF CMOS sensor
EXPEED 3 image processing engine
ISO 100-3200 (extendable to 6400)
Full HD movie recording with a speed of 30 frames per second
Nikon 1 lens mount
3 inch LCD monitor
Built in flash
Hybrid auto focus system
EN-EL20 Lithium ion battery
Battery life:230 shots
Weight: 234 grams
The 10.1 mega pixel image sensor can be considered as somewhat small when compared to its other mirror less counter parts. This results in a 2.7x focal length multiplier. But albeit this limitation the cameras offer some very good quality images.
The major difference between the two cameras is that V1 has an integrated 1.4M-dot LCD view finder and this is absent in J1. But V1 lacks a built in flash and the J1 has the same. J1 is also cheaper than Nikon V1. In order to make up for the lack of flash J1 is provided with a multi-accessory port that can support a variety of accessories including Speedlight SB-N5 flashgun or GPS unit.
Nikon V1’s expected price might come around Rs.46,000/- in India and Nikon J1’s price in India will be around Rs.33,000/-. The price can be expected to be a bit above the compact camera pricing range and below the DSLR cameras price range.