TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Cyclone Gaja Updates: Destruction Continues; Death Toll Rises
- Samsung Begins Rolling Out Android Pie Beta Update For The Galaxy S9 & S9+
- Jawa Vs Royal Enfield — A Brief Comparison
- Do You Know Deepika Padukone's Wedding Ring's Cost?
- Absence Of Hardik Pandya Will Hurt India: Michael Hussey
- Have You Heard Of This Disgusting Food Museum In Sweden?
- Types Of Insurance Cover That Everyone Should Have
- Most Beautiful Winter Destinations In Uttarakhand To Visit In 2018
For an outdoor enthusiast or adventurer who likes to take good quality photographs a rugged camera is a must have. They won’t be able to use a normal camera because when it is subjected to the bumps, water and all the other factors that nature can throw at it the camera is very likely to break down. And you wouldn’t want to put your high end and expensive DSLR type cameras to these kinds of scenarios. That is where rugged cameras come into spot light. Let it be a fall, water or snow these cameras take it all in with pleasure and always comes back for more.
Pentax has quite some models in their rugged camera line up. Twelve months before they launched the Optio WG-1 family of rugged cameras and these models got quite a good welcoming. Now exactly after one year, Pentax is introducing new and improved version of this line up of cameras. There is not much change visible in the physical design of the cameras.
It comes in the signature macho and tuff styling of this range. The colours are very vibrant and come with dual tone finish. Many vibrant colours like red, orange and white are also available. One look at the device and we will understand the camera is designed to take on the odds. When there is not much change in design the camera has got a good load of spec bumps.
Features and specifications of Pentax WG-2 cameras:
- CMOS backlit sensor with effective resolution of 16 mega pixels
- 1080p movie recording with a speed of 30 frames per second
- micro HDMI port
- 3 inch 4,60,000 dot LCD
- GPS enabled variant
The presence of a 16 mega pixel backlit CMOS sensor in the device makes this a very powerful imaging device. This allows the user to take very good quality photographs. It can also record videos with 1080 p clarity. If you want to share the videos and pictures you recorded with your friends or view it in a larger screen a mini HDMI port is provided in the camera. A GPS enabled variant of the camera is also available and obviously costs a bit more than the normal version.
Pentax WG2 camera comes with a price tag of about Rs.17,500/- and the GPS variant would cost around Rs.20,000/-. This camera would hit the stores by March.