Sigma has launched its new digital SLR camera with interchangeable lens which is dubbed as Sigma SD1 Merrill. With this new innovation, Sigma has got the credit to manufacture the world's first full colour image sensor camera.
The officials have included a splash proof design to this new cam which will prevent water and dust from entering the camera body. It has been made even apt for rough uses with its lightweight magnesium alloy body. This solid magnesium alloy body also helps to prevent shocks in harsh conditions.
Some of the other key features of Sigma SD1 Merrill include:
- 3.0” LCD monitor
- Foveon X3 46 Megapixel image sensor
- 5.7"(W) X 4.4"(H) X 3.1"(D)
- 700g weight (without batteries and card)
- Adjustable continuous shooting speed
- AF operating range of EV 0 to +18 (ISO100)
- Splash proof design
- Aspect ratio of 3:2
- Auto Bracketing
- Automatic and manual AF point selection
- Diopter adjustment range of -3dpt to +1.5dpt
- Electronically controlled focal plane shutter
- Exposure Compensation of ±3EV (in 1/3 steps)
- Foveon X3 direct CMOS image sensor
- 11 point AF system
- Solid magnesium alloy body
- Hot shoe external flash synchronization
- Image recording formats of lossless compression RAW data and JPEG
- Image sensor size of 23.5mm x 15.7mm
- Li-ion Battery (BP-21) Pack
- True II Image processing engine
- Manual Pop up Built-in Flash
- Multi language support
- Pentaprism SLR viewfinder
- SIGMA SA bayonet lens mount
- CFcard support
- SIGMA SA mount interchangeable lenses
- Supports still image formats of Exif 2.3 & DCF2.0
- TTL phase difference detection system
- UDMA compatible
- USB (USB2.0) connectivity
- Viewfinder magnification of 0.95 x
- Removable IR filter
The main highlight of Sigma SD1 Merrill is its Foveon X3 full colour image sensor which will facilitate the users to capture images at a resolution of 46 Megapixel. Its detail and sharpness (at ISO 100) is something which needs appreciation. SD1 Merrill also has got a True II Image processing engine which will offer the users with realistic images.
Yet another notable feature is its large highly visible 3 inches TFT colour LCD monitor. Moreover, it is well suited for serious studio professionals with the help of its ISO 100 & controlled light settings. It also offers the users with cracking colour rendition. Apart from all these, SD1 Merrill has got a circular fit removable IR filter. It can be removed for facilitating the users with infrared shooting.
Sigma SD1 Merrill would be apt for the studio and landscape photographers who seek for extra level of crispness. This amazing new cam from Sigma is made available to the customers at a price of around Rs. 1,70,000/-.