TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Interaction With TN Students: Rahul Didn’t Violate Poll Code Says EC
- IPL 2019: Chennai Super Kings: Experience, Power, Emotion Drive The Champions
- Porsche 911 GT2 RS Becomes Fastest Car At BIC
- Apple Introduces AirPods 2 With Wireless Charging Case For Rs 18,900
- Trump Says Tariffs On China To Remain For A 'Substantial Period'
- Has Fame & Success Gone To Vicky Kaushal's Head?
- When A Baby Split Into Two!
- Food Tour In North India
Sony's new single-lens translucent camera: SLT-A57
From the beginning of 2012 Sony has rolled out a series of point and shoot cameras. Now Sony is all set to launch Sony SLT-A57 which is a single lens translucent camera.
SLT-A57 occupies a position mid way in between digital single lens reflex system cameras and mirror less interchangeable lens cameras. That is it is compact than a normal DSLR camera but does not have an optical view finder. There is an electronic view finder though.
Features and specifications of Sony SLT –A 57:
- 18-55 zoom lens kit
- ISO 16,000 which can be increased to a maximum of 25,600
- 16.1 mega pixel APS-C CMOS sensor
- HD video recording (1080 p) at about 60 frames per second
- Fully articulated 3 inch LCD display with 921 K dots
- 2D/3D sweep panorama
- Image stabilization
- Electronic view finder
- Mini HDMI port
The appearance is similar to the DSLR design. The body has certain patterning to it. It gives the device a professional look and also allows the user to get a firm grip on the device. The device is much compact sized than a DSLR camera but a bit chunky than a point and shoot one.
The different control buttons are very carefully placed to give the user ease of access and usage. The device is sufficiently light weight too. There is an articulated LCD display in the back. This allows you to take very tricky shots by positioning the LCD display correctly. The 3 inch LCD display has 921 K pixel resolution.
The camera has a 16.1 mega pixel APS-CMOS sensor. It is coupled with a sufficiently powerful and good quality 18-55 zoom lens. The camera has an ISO range of 16,000 and it can be boosted to as high as 25,600. Image stabilization is provided and it features sensor-shift technology. That is you can swap the lens for any other one and still won’t have to worry about the lens having its own optical image stabilization.
Sony SLT –A 57 comes with a price tag of about Rs. 40,000/-. This is as much as a DSLR camera but if you need a compact and light weight device that has features to a full blown DSLR camera then this is the right choice for you. The camera is speculated to be rolled out by April. A battery powered LED light HVL-LE1, will also be offered as an accessory and it will be priced at Rs. 12,500/-.