TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- 2019 Lok Sabha — All You Need To Know
- Hero ISL To Resume From Jan 25th; Kerala Blasters To Face ATK
- Owning A Maruti Suzuki Is Now A Special Occasion — Here's How
- Asus ZenFone Max M2 — Detailed Review
- Why Cheat India — Movie Review
- 7 Best SBI Mutual Fund Schemes To Invest Through SIP
- Benefits Of Drinking Black Coffee
- Vikramshila — The Forgotten University In Bhagalpur, Bihar
Pakistan Military is about to introduce its own Android tablet, Pacpad which has created much fuss about in technology sector. It’s the Pakistan Military’s first ever attempt at making Android Tab. The manufacturing code and the technical training is rumoured to have gained from a Hong Kong based company, Innavtek.
’Pakistan Aeronautical Complex pad’ abbreviated as Pacpad is not the part of a step towards strengthening of defence, but as an innovation resulted by the cumulative effort of engineers from Pakistan with the use of Chinese Hardware.
Key Features and Specifications of Pacpad
- 1 GHz processor, ARM11
- Android v2.3 Ginger bread Operating System
- 7 inch Capacitive TFT display
- Screen aspect ratio of 16:9
- Wi-Fi connectivity @ 802.11 b/g
- Memory of 256 MB RAM
- Internal 3D accelerator enabled
- 3.5 mm jack with almost every content format supported
- With a support of over 11 phone languages
- Office software support (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, PDF)
- Weighing 385g
- Full HD video output
- Built in memory available in 2/4/8/16 GB
- Card memory extendible up to 32 GB
- High capacity Battery which stands 10 hrs music
Pacpad has a spacious screen of 7 inch with a capacitive display while it weighs only 385 g. It operates with a memory of 256 MB Ram. The phone supports 3d gaming because it is geared with an internal 3D accelerator. The phone supports a wide range of content formats in case of audio and video. AVI, MKV, WMV, MOV, MPEG, FLV, MPG, MP4 are the video formats compatible in Pacpad.
The device also has a HDMI port through which screen output to HDMI devices can be obtained. Pacpad is equipped with a battery that supports 5 hours of playing video, 5 hours of HDMI in addition to the 10 hrs of Music.
For the Military, Pacpad also helps in setting their foot on the commercial market. The tablet is manufactured by the avionic engineers in the Air force base while they are off their official duty. What we can infer from this significant step by Pakistan Military is that this is the first step towards the strengthening of the nation’s economy. While there are questions about the function of Military in this area as many think that they should confine their intelligence to internal security and in borders.
Pakistan has grabbed attention of all gadget lovers across the globe with their new product. The name of the device hails from the place where it is manufactured. The Pacpad is expected to cost about Rs. 11000/-. A few hundreds of this product has been released. But to a wide market it is expected to be released in 3 months from now.