TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Rafale Verdict: Centre Moves SC; Seeks Correction On References To CAG Report
- WhatsApp Android Stable Version Gets PIP Mode For Videos
- New Mahindra Thar Spy Pics Out — Almost As Big As A Toyota Innova
- India Post Enters E-Commerce Delivery Business
- India vs Australia: 2nd Test, Day 2 — Kohli And Rahane Keeps India Steady
- Exclusive Interview: Emraan Hashmi Said, "I Don't Take My Films Back Home"
- Siliguri Shopstops: A Bucket List For Shopaholics
- 20 Wonderful Benefits Of Red Spinach
More new Aakash tablets on the horizon, as it seems. According to reports, Telecom minister Kapil Sibal has announced that a brand new low-cost tablet computer Aakash 4 will be available in the market starting this March for Rs. 3,999.
"Aakash 4 will be available in the market in one or one and a half months. Its a modern tablet and will be available for around Rs 3,999," Sibal stated while announcing the new tablet. He further added that the Directorate General of Supplies and Disposals (DGSD) has already floated the tenders for the tablet.
Specification-wise, the new Aakash tablet comes with a 7-inch scratch resistant capacitative touchscreen. Apart from that the device supports Wi-Fi, 2G, 3G and 4G connectivity. Also, 4GB of internal storage will be available alongside external memory card slot with storage capacity of up to 32 GB. There is also a front camera present.
Apart from announcing the device, Sibal also said that the government will soon take action on the proposal of merging state-run BSNL and MTNL - with the merger of the companies being a part of DoT's plan for the revival of the public sector telecom units.
As you may already know by now, the Aakash project was a part of Sibal's extensive plans related to new-age technology when he was the HRD minister. The basic idea here was to offer a low-cost computing device at minimized rates to students to provide them potential access to the Internet for educational purposes.