TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- 3 Terrorists, Including Jaish Commander, Killed In Pulwama Encounter
- Tesla Dog Mode — Working Explained In Video
- FA Cup — Manchester United Knocks Out Chelsea
- Airtel Reintroduces Two Prepaid Recharge Plans For Its Subscribers
- How To Check If Your PAN Is Linked To Aadhaar
- Kamalpur — The Long-Lost Love Affair Of North-East India
- Tiger Shroff On Dating Disha Patani — Koffee With Karan 6
- Four Signs That You Have Been To Heaven
Amazon Kindle Fire gets software updates
There is great news for the Kindle Fire users that the Amazon has now come forth with a bunch of new updates to enhance its performance and to augment the bug fixes. For downloading and installing the new software, the users can either go for manual method or can choose the over-the-air mode using Wi-Fi. Both these methods seem more or less the same. However before starting the download the users make sure that their Kindle Fire device is fully charged.
With the new 6.3.1 version update, the users can enjoy various other software additions including
- Parental control
- Book Extras
- Reading View for Amazon Silk browser
- Print Replica Textbooks
- Archive of Personal Documents
- Access to Movie Rentals and various other enhancements.
Moreover, it will also enable the Kindle Fire tablets users to showcase better parental controls including the capability to obstruct access to the Silk web browser, to hinder access to particular content libraries and to carry out password-protected transactions.
Software update version 6.3.1 can be downloaded in simple steps. For manual download,
- First the users need to determine the software version. For that click on the Quick Settings icon and from there select the More option. Under it, the Device option has to be selected. If the system is running on 6.3.1 version, then the users are lucky. They are using the latest software. For others whose device seems to be running on any other version other than the latest version 6.3.1, proceed with the following steps to get updated to the latest software.
- Click on the Download Software Update 6.3.1 link available of Amazon webpage to start downloading the software update file to the desktop PC.
- Now turn on the Kindle Fire tab and unlock its screen.
- Connect the tab to PC via USB cable
- Drag and drop the new software update file which was downloaded to the PC to the kindle updates folder present on the Kindle drive.
- Monitor the status of file transfer progress. After the file transfer to the Kindle Fire is complete, disconnect the USB cable by clicking on the Disconnect option on the Kindle Fire screen.
- Now the users can get started with the software update. For this click on the Quick Settings icon present on the top right corner of Kindle Fire screen. Then choose the More option from which Device button has to be clicked. Now choose the Update Your Kindle option. The tablet will restart twice during the update process. Once the update is completed, the user’s can see the Kindle Fire screen with display "Current Version: 6.3.1”.
For over-the-air mode of transfer, the users make sure the device WiFi network is switched on. Click on to the Quick Settings icon which is present on the top right corner of the device. Then tap on the Sync option. As soon as the Sync option is clicked, the download process begins.