TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Kerala Congress Invites Rahul Gandhi To Contest From Wayanad LS Seat
- IPL 2019: Indian Premier League Opening Ceremony Funds Donated To CRPF & Armed Forces
- Skoda Superb Gets A Facelift!
- OPPO F11 Pro Review: Good Design, Display And Camera, Underwhelming Software
- Salman, Rana & Others Attend The Wedding Of Venky’s Daughter
- Witnessing The Beauty Of Williamnagar, Meghalaya
- 12 Home Remedies To Treat Chapped Lips
- India's Forex Reserves Up By $3.6 Billion To $405.64 Billion
Apple iPad Mini Rumor Update: 10 million units ordered
After hearing numerous rumors from various sources that Apple has started manufacturing a new iPad, smaller than the existing iPads, recently the Wall Street Journal has came up with a report that Apple has ordered more than 10 million iPad Mini units from its part manufacturers for the fourth quarter of this year.
The Wall Street Journal report further states that some component suppliers in Asia say they have received enough orders to make huge units by the end of the year. Those same suppliers said that is double the amount of orders placed by Amazon for the same quarter for its Kindle Fire tablet.
Apple hasn"t officially confirmed its plans to launch a smaller mini-tablet. So the existence of this device is officially not confirmed and still a piece of rumor.
However, according to ongoing rumors, iPad is expected to feature a 7.85-inch screen to compete against 7-inch tablet market brands including Amazon Kindle Fire HD and Google Nexus 7, both arpund the price range of $199 (approx. Rs 10,000). However, the new Apple mini tablet may have a lower resolution -meaning it might not include Apple"s Retina Display technology.
At the same time, previous reports have claimed that Apple would be sending out invitations for a press event to launch the iPad mini on October 10, with the device due to ship on October 17.