TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- How To Convert Your Android Phone Into A Webcam For Your PC
- Navlakha Temple – The Beauty Narrating The History Of Gujarat
- On An Outing With Your Sister? Take Some Fashion Goals From Janhvi And Khushi Kapoor
- Pratyusha Banerjee’s Ex-BF Rahul Raj Singh: Mushtaq Shiekh Asked Me To Sleep With Him! #MeToo
- Mahindra KUV100 NXT AMT Spotted Testing In Bangalore
- India Vs West Indies: BCCI Announces 12 For First ODI; Rishabh Pant To Make Debut
- Few Must Do's And Dont's To Avoid Being Prey To Debit Or Credit Card Loss
Which? is a UK consumer test organization has a reputation for conducting the high on detail tests. The organization decided to test the battery life of Windows 8 laptops against other laptops.
Which? explains on how they conduct their tests "In the Which? test lab we test every laptop for battery life, by browsing the web and also watching movies from its hard disk, so you can buy the best portable laptop"
18 Windows 8 laptops along with Apple's 13-inch Macbook Pro with Retina Display and the Samsung Series 3 Chromebook, were subjected to a web test. Acer Aspire timeline Ultra M5-581T proved to be the longest running Windows 8 laptop for web browsing, as it lasted for almost six hours. However, Apple's Macbook Pro Retina lasted 30 minutes longer then Windows 8 laptop.
Switching over to the movies from the hard disk, the Acer's M5-581T lasted for four hours and 37 minutes and the Macbook lasted, little over an hour, lesser.
Considering the web browsing, test the Samsung Series 3 Chromebook came in at third, as it lasted for 3 hours and 44 minutes.
Which? reports "On average, the 18 Windows 8 laptops on test squeezed out 24 minutes more web browsing time than movie playback from a charge of their batteries, but not all laptops ran longer on battery for web than playing movies".