TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- India’s Crorepatis Have Increased By 60 Per Cent: CBDT
- How To Avail 20% Discount On iPhone XR Purchase
- Here's Why Manikgad Fort Near Mumbai Should Be Your Next Destination
- Homemade Aloe Vera Moisturiser For Oily Skin
- Radhika On #MeToo: I Love That This Movement Has Come Here!
- Hero Destini 125 First Ride Review — A Cost-Effective But Premium Scooter
- Deodhar Trophy: Chance For Ashwin, Rahane, Raina And Karthik To Remain In ODI Reckoning
- Rupee In Trouble With Year-end Forecast At 76.50 Per US Dollar
Asus has always been known to be one of the prime players in the PC market worldwide. And although the company has already forayed into the smartphone business with big names such as the Vibe Z, it still has quite the hold in the PC segment. And now it has more to offer.
According to reports, Asus has offcially launched its brand new Chromebox. And as the name suggests, the Asus Chromebox is a fast and compact home or office computer that runs on Chrome OS. The device was lauched in India at a media gathering in Mumbai.
Mr Vinay Shetty - Country Head - Component Business, ASUS (India) said, "We're excited to launch the Chromebox in India. There's been an increase in demand for small form factor mini PCs / HTPCs and the Chromebox would be a great alternative for such applications."
"With Intel's latest Haswell processors and 4K ultra high definition video playback and running Google's Chrome OS, the Chromebox is a great new device for customers looking for a mini PC."
The ASUS Chromebox is 12 cm X 12 cm sized device that has the latest Haswell processors and supports 4K ultra high definition video playback. The Chromebox works right out of the box with apps for work, play and communicating online or offline. It comes with virus protection built in and updates automatically.
"Intel is proud to power the ASUS Chromebox that promises an efficient multitasking performance in the Chrome OS. The personal computing ecosystem continues to evolve rapidly and Intel will continue to innovate in order to power and foster this evolution." said Mr Amit Gupta, Director, Business Development, Intel South Asia.
The Asus Chromebox boots up in very little time and instantly syncs with Chrome across all your devices so you can bring your bookmarks, preferences and extensions with you. There's also 100GB of free Google Drive space free for two years so that you can access all your data and files in the cloud by logging into your Google account.
The compact Chrome box is also big on connectivity. It comes with high performance 802.11 b/g/n dual-band wireless, four USB 3.0 ports for fast data transfer, HDMI and DisplayPort for connecting to the latest displays and HDTVs, including support for dual displays and an SD card reader for easily accessing stored photos and documents.
As far as pricing is concerned, the Asus Chromebox CN60 with Celeron support has been priced at Rs. 21,000. The Core i3 version of the device has been priced at Rs. 36,500, while the Core i7 version has been made available at Rs. 58,000.
Here are the features of the new Asus Chromebox at a glance:
- 4th gen Intel processors deliver the best performance for Chrome OS
- HDMI and DisplayPort for dual display support and up to 4K playback
- Lightweight, small form design that supports VESA mount
- USB 3.0 ports to easily share data from USB drives and devices
- Dual-band Wireless-N connectivity for streaming HD media and seamless web surfing
- Instant boot up in seconds saves you time
- Runs on Chrome OS which gives you a fast, simple, secure experience