TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Lok Sabha Elections 2019 LIVE — 'Surgical Strike' On Poverty, Assures Rahul Gandhi
- IPL: Match 5: DC Vs CSK — Live Updates
- What Is Rahul Gandhi's NYAY Scheme For The Poor?
- India's Chandrayaan 2 To Carry NASA's Laser Instrument To Moon
- INRacing — India’s First Homogeneous Racing Simulator; A Must-Try For Motorsport Fanatics!
- Badrinath- An Ode To Pilgrimages And Spectacular Natural Splendour
- PeeCee Lets Her Hair Down With Nick In Miami!
- What Is West Nile Fever?
EKEN Unveils Budget Android Leopard Tablets Starting At Rs 6,999
On Thursday, EKEN Electronics, Hongkong based tablet PC maker has launched its Android based tablets in India with the aim of tapping the massive low cost tablet seeking consumer-base in the country.
EKEN has unveiled its low cost Android tablets under the brand name of 'EKEN Leopard' with a price tag in the range of Rs 6,900 to Rs 11,999.
Edison Chang, CEO EKEN Electronics was quoted saying, "India is an exploding market with huge potential for cost effective tablets. This factor influenced us to launch quality budget tablets in India and this will enable computing advantage to everyone.”
According to the AGTE CEO George Thomas, EKEN has partnered with Kerala based Aldous Glare Trade & Exports (AGTE) for the national distribution of entire range of EKEN tablets in the country.
He added that they are hoping to sell over 10,000 units of the tablets per month by December 2012 in Kerala alone.
As claimed by the company spokesperson, these Android tablets will come at different ranges such as 7 inch, 8 inch and 9.7 inch displays. The devices will have a 1.3MP front camera for video calling, Wi-Fi and 3G through dongle, 8GB internal memory, 32GB expandable memory support with an external micro SD card slot and capability of playing HD 1080p video playback.
Further, the EKEN Leopard tablets will have the complete access to the Google Play Store.