- 10 min ago Most Rated Samsung Smartphones On Amazon In India
- 9 hrs ago How To Book BSNL FTTH Connection Online And Via App
- 10 hrs ago Exclusive: MSI Plans To Set Up 20 Experiential Stores By End Of 2021 In India
- 10 hrs ago Meizu 18, 18 Pro With Snapdragon 888 Chipsets Launched: Price, Specifications
- Movies Vivian Dsena To Re-Enter Shakti - Astitva Ke Ehsaas Ki In A Powerful Cameo Role?
- News TN election: In talks with 'like-minded' parties for alliance, says Kamal Haasan
- Sports India vs England: Pitch looks very similar to last Test: Root
- Automobiles 2021 Renault Triber Changes Leaked Ahead Of India Launch: Updates & Feature Additions
- Education Monthly Scholarship Of Rs 7000 For Class 11 And 12 Students
- Lifestyle Roohi Promotions: Rajkummar Rao Looks Dapper As Ever In His Lemon Yellow Kurta Set
- Finance HDFC Bank Cuts Home Loan Rates By 5bps: Check What Other Banks Are Offering
- Travel Top Summer Holiday Destinations in India
Why Mac Pro Costs More Than 1BHK Flat And Is It Justifiable?
Building a custom computer can cost a lot, especially for a professional work that requires a high amount of resources like high-fidelity GPUs, CPUs, and a lot of RAM. Apple's Mac Pro is one such a product that offers everything at an exorbitant price tag. In fact, one can easily buy a luxury car or even a 1 BHK house instead of the high-end Mac Pro.
Unlike the iMac Pro or even the trash can Mac Pro, the new Mac Pro with up to 1.5TB of RAM is not for everyone. And it is not for the general audience. Instead, it is for those big production houses that make games, software, and movies that we all watch and enjoy.
What Makes It So Expensive?
The very first thing that makes this machine an expensive one is due to the brand that it comes from, ie, Apple. Other than the component cost, the company must have spent millions of dollars on R&D to create a machine that is this powerful. Apple is charging $25,000 (approx Rs. 17,73,112) just for 1.5TB of RAM, which is half the price of the fully-fledged Mac Pro.
Then comes the cost of the components, it uses flagship-grade CPU from Intel with up to 28 cores and a flagship-grade GPU from AMD with up to 64GB video memory.
So Many Variants
Not all versions of the Mac Pro are that expensive. Here are some of the configurations that Apple currently offers, at least in the US. Do note that, all models will come with a stainless steel frame with feet, Magic Mouse 2, and Magic Keyboard with Numeric Keypad. The package also includes two big black colored Apple stickers.
Basic Model -- $5,999 (Approx Rs. 4,25,537)
It comes with an 8-core Intel Xenon W processor with 32GB RAM and 8GB GPU with 256GB internal storage. Even with the base model, one can upgrade RAM, storage, and graphics to make it more powerful.
High-End Model -- $52,748 (Approx Rs. 37,41,669)
The top of the line variant comes with a 28-core Intel Xeon W CPU with 1.5GB of RAM and 64GB GPU with 4TB of SSD. Adding additional parts like Apple Afterburner card, stainless steel frame with wheels, and Magic Mouse 2 plus Magic Trackpad 2 will cost a whopping $52,748.
Should You Get One?
Even the base model of the Mac Pro is expensive than most of the high-end PCs available in the market and the top-of-the-line variant does not have any competition what so ever. Building a custom PC with similar hardware will cost much lesser than Apple's pricing. However, building a custom PC of this caliber requires a sophisticated cooling solution to ensure the optimal performance of the machine.
If we compare, the high-end version of the Mac Pro costs more than a regular 1BHK flat in Bengaluru and that is a huge amount of money to spend on a piece of electronics that gets depreciated as soon the seal is broken.
So, if you have a professional creative studio, then investing on the Mac Pro might be a worthy deal. However, for the majority of the use cases, the new Mac Pro will definitely an overkill.