TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Mehul Choksi Moves New Application In PMLA Court, Mentions Long History Of Ailments
- IPL 2019: CSK vs RCB — Preview, Predicted XI, Where To Watch
- IPL 2019 — How To Watch Cricket Extravaganza Live In Action On Your Smartphone?
- Kawasaki Announces Price Hike On Certain Models — Revised Prices From April 2019
- First Poster Of Ajay Devgn's 'De De Pyaar De' Out!
- Should You Invest In New Retirement Mutual Funds Without 80C Tax Benefit?
- Zodiac Signs That Are Sweet Talkers
- Witnessing The Beauty Of Williamnagar, Meghalaya
Google and Samsung Prepping 10 Inch Nexus Tablet to Challenge New iPad's Retina Display
Google is reportedly working on a 10.1 inch Nexus tablet, which will be co-branded with Samsung in order to offer a tough competition to the 9.7 inch tablet market dominator – Apple iPad.
While Apple is too busy with the unveiling of its miniature iPad – 7 inch iPad Mini, Google is moving from its 7 inch Nexus tablet to the bandwagon of 10 inch tablets.
A recent CNET report claims that the search engine giant is developing a 10.1 inch tablet in partnership with the world's largest smartphone manufacturer – Samsung.
Richard Shim, an analyst at NPD DisplaySearch has revealed the details of the tablet claiming that the supply chain activity has indicated the arrival of a new tablet without specifying any particular launch date.
Shim has also tipped that the new device will sport a 10.1 inch display with 2560 x 1600 pixel resolution, which 299 ppi pixel density whereas that of the new iPad with 9.7 inch display is 2048 x 1536 pixel resolution and 264 ppi pixel density. Hence, the new Google Nexus tablet will have a better display as compared to the third generation iPad.
The analyst suggests that the next Google Nexus tablet will be a high-end device in contrast with Google's current $199 Nexus 7 and upcoming tablet. Also, the production of the $99 Nexus tablet will debut in December 2012.
A 10-inch tablet would certainly be an interesting move by Google. In June, it just began offering a 7 inch tablet in its Nexus program by collaborating with the Taiwanese tech giant, Asus for a price tag of $199 (priced at Rs 17,000 in India). And, 10-incher that would rival the iPad is sure to may turn some heads.
Apple, in the meantime, is expected to launch a smaller, 7.85-inch version of the iPad on October 17, to mark its presence in the 7 inch tablet segment of the market and to create a dent in the sales of Google Nexus 7 and the new Amazon Kindle Fire HD.