TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dharwad Building Collapse: 1 Dead, 40 Feared Trapped; BSF Joins Rescue Ops
- Joker In The Pack: Team India May Use Vijay Shankar As Surprise Element At No.4 In World Cup 2019
- Harley-Davidson Launches Two New Models In India
- Google Pay Now Lets Users Book Train Tickets Directly Without Additional Charges
- GST On Real Estate: New Tax Transition Plan Approved
- Vidyut Jammwal: Junglee Is A Must Watch For Families & Kids!
- Her Fake Braces Did This To Her!
- Explore The Laid-Back Trails Of Panaji, Goa
Google to Kick Off Shipping Nexus 7 in India by November [REPORT]
Here comes the good news for all those who have been waiting for the latest Google-branded Asus-made Nexus 7 tablet. Reportedly, an Asus official has confirmed the folks at CIOL that the Android creator will release the new tablet in the Indian market by November.
"We can confirm as hardware partner that Nexus tablet is in pipeline for India market," said an Asus spokesperson in the report.
Further the report informed that the official went on saying that the talks are on with our partner ( Google ) for the India launch. “We may launch the product with a different name and few modifications in specifications,” Apratim Sharma, Product head, (India) System Business Group, Asus told CIOL.
He also said that price of the Google Nexus for India market would be announced in October. Media reports have been speculating the price to be around Rs. 11,000.
Kicking a direct competition with Amazon Kindle Fire tablets, Nexus 7 is designed by Google and manufactured by Asus -- will pack a 7-inch display (with 1280 x 800 pixels resolution) in "Scratch-resistant Corning glass", 1.2MP front-facing camera and built-in NFC, as well as Wi-Fi and Bluetooth capabilities.
The tablet will come powered by Nvidia's Tegra 3 chip, which has a quad-core processor, 12-core graphics chip, 1GB RAM and will come preinstalled with Android 4.1 Jelly Bean OS. The Nexus 7 weighs 340 grams, has a dimension of 198.5 x 120 x 10.5 mm and is loaded with 4325mAh battery.