TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Sabarimala Row: All-party Meet Inconclusive; Will Stick To SC Order, Says CM Vijayan
- New Jawa, Jawa 42 And Perak Motorcycles India Launch
- Inside Details About DeepVeer's Konkani-Brahmin Wedding
- India Tour Of Australia: Ganguly Reveals Why Virat Kohli And Team Have The Best Chance To Beat Australia
- Best Phones With Dual-Rear Cameras To Buy In India Under Rs 10,000
- Value Stocks To Buy Under Rs 50
- India Beach Fashion Week: Swara Bhasker's Attire Is About Giving Festive Wear A Breezy Touch
- Wonderful Beaches In And Around Kanyakumari That Are Worth Exploring
HP owes CynogenMod a big one. If it wasn’t for these optimists who thought there is more destined for the HP touch pad that wasn’t much a pride product of HP and was a let go by the manufacturers, may be no one would have ever known that a touch pad from HP has been scheduled to be decommissioned from the industry.
No one cared but CynogenMod. It wasn’t too long before HP was found selling their HP touchpad for at a much lesser price compared to other models in the market. What’s even more surprising is the fact that the touchpad has been tagged initially with a price of more than Rs 25, 000.
But the touchpad wasn’t so well welcomed by the customers and the sales were too low and it forced the manufacturers to withdraw the product. But some weren’t ready to give up on the device which had an attractive hardware.
A group of independent developers came up with some better ideas and among them CynogenMod could really bring something out of the HP touchpad which was then believed to be weak.
What made the HP touchpad basically unattractive was its limitation in supporting the applications and the device wanting more daily usage utilities. CynogenMod however acted brilliantly by expanding the boundaries of the Touchpad from the congested space offered by the web OS. They planted the Android OS and the Touchpad was never the same it used to be. A lot changed,
The tablet got more utilities
All of a sudden it could support a numerous applications that added the fun
Customized onscreen icons like Home, Menu, back etc
The stable performance of the device with the CyanogenMod 7 was an awesome experience to users, especially to the ones who had used the older version of the tablet. That was CynogenMod 7, but months after that, now Ice Cream Sandwich has been successfully tested in the HP Touchpad and once again it appears to be a miracle. That makes it an Android 4.0 powered HP Touch pad.
This time it’s made so good that all the features included in the device is working properly. However the camera and video playback still needs some attention. By the looks, very soon a CyanogenMod 9 can be expected.