TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Selection Panel To Meet On January 24 To Decide On New CBI Director
- Owning A Maruti Suzuki Is Now A Special Occasion — Here's How
- Flipkart Republic Day Sale Starts From January 20: Deals And Offers
- Kohli Wants To See India As A Superpower In Test Cricket
- Company Fixed Deposits In India Which Offer Yields Of Near 10%
- Visit Yanam: The French Counterpart Of The Southern Peninsula
- Kareena Kapoor Khan's Latest Airport Look Is Laidback And About Flared Denims
- Birthday Boy Sidharth Malhotra Cuts Cake At Midnight! Pics!
After launching Aakash tablet, which is the world's cheapest Tablet PC, India has taken up yet another initiative i.e. the launch of the first cloud based Tablet called "e-tutor". The tablet has been jointly developed by Technopark based e-tutor and Oztern Technologies and is mainly targeted at students from Class I to Class 12.
Using the e-tutor, teachers can easily illustrate various concepts and make learning more enriching for the students. There is a digital whiteboard that is present in the e-tutor which aids the above process. Using the e-tutor, students can get all relevant information about the various concepts taught in the schools with just a click of a button. According to experts, the e-tutor is custom made for teachers as well. There are various tools in it which aid effective teaching as well. Thus, the e-tutor can be used by both students and teachers.
Through the tablet, teachers can set up a virtual learning environment for their students which ensures that the students learn concepts better than conventional classroom teaching. One more advantage of the cloud enabled e-tutor is that it doesn't emit carbon thus contributing to reduced carbon emissions. Students can easily connect to the internet and access first hand information, this information can be exchanged between teachers and other students through the cloud network.
Cloud computers also eliminate the need for separate servers to access data as all the data is stored on the cloud and can be easily accessed with a single click. The e-tutor is priced at Rs 7,500 in India and will be available from April all throughout the country.