- News J&K: 'Braveheart' cop who was injured in June 12 Anantnag terrorist attack dies
- Sports Mannarino ends wait for first ATP title with Rosmalen triumph
- Lifestyle Shikha Talsania Gave Us Major Jewellery Goal With Her Latest Look
- Movies Sri Reddy Launches A Scathing Attack On This Star; Leaves Everyone Shocked!
- Finance 90,000 Affordable Homes In Navi Mumbai To Be Made Available Under PMAY
- Automobiles Five And Seven Seater Mercedes GLB Revealed — They ‘Handle’ Family And Friends!
- Education How An Effective Revision Assist You To Fly High In The Competitive Exams
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Kobian launches iXA Tab for Rs 3,999
Kobian is the maker behind the tablets under the brand Mercury. Now, the brand is launching a tablet dubbed iXA Tab for Rs 3,999. People willing to buy this tablet ought to wait till May 23 as the booking starts only then.
It is another rival to the Aakash tablet. The iXA Tab runs on the Android 2.3 Gingerbread operating system. The tablet is powered by a 1 GHz processor and has 512 MB RA M and 4 GB of internal memory. The memory can be expanded to 32 GB using a micro SD card.
When it comes to the specifications, this tablet is not too different from the other cheap tablets like Aakash, UbiSlate or BSNL tablets. The real world performance is the most important factor that decides the success of a tablet. Most of the low cost tablets have disappointed the consumers with their performance. Hopefully, this Kobian tablet is better in this aspect.
The Kobian India manager, Sushmita Das said that the mTab range were quite successful and the iXA Tab is mainly for the students. It is for those who want to own a tablet. They can get all the features packed in one product that falls in the sub-4,000 price tag.
As per the company, the iXA Tab is a limited edition product that comes at a price in India of Rs 3,999. As of now, there are no official announcements about its warranty and availability. The booking process will be revealed sometime before it starts.
Even BSNL and UbiSlate tablets followed the same process. They opened prebookings for the tablets soon after the announcement. The devices were promised to be delivered later but still they are seen. All the tablets are delayed and the makers are not able to offer them on time.
Hopefully, Kobian has been in the tablet segment for over a year and they should be able to handle this better. As the low cost tablets and their pre-orders run in thousands, the iXA Tab will have a tough competition as there are many others in the space.