TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Selection Panel To Meet On January 24 To Decide On New CBI Director
- Owning A Maruti Suzuki Is Now A Special Occasion — Here's How
- Flipkart Republic Day Sale Starts From January 20: Deals And Offers
- Kohli Wants To See India As A Superpower In Test Cricket
- Company Fixed Deposits In India Which Offer Yields Of Near 10%
- Visit Yanam: The French Counterpart Of The Southern Peninsula
- Kareena Kapoor Khan's Latest Airport Look Is Laidback And About Flared Denims
- Birthday Boy Sidharth Malhotra Cuts Cake At Midnight! Pics!
The new Lenovo 9.7 inch Android 4.0 IdeaTab is getting ready to be launched in April this year. This novel tablet is dubbed as IdeaTab S2109 or more explicitly S2109A-F.
Some of the features of this Android ICS tablet include:
- Dual core processor
- 4:3 aspect ratio
- Four built-in speakers
- A Texas Instruments OMAP chip
- Supports Ice Cream Sandwich
- Wireless TI WL1281 chip
- WiFi and GPS functionality
- IPS display
- microSD slot
- TI OMAP chip
For those who expect a quad-core Tegra3 monster processor, it would be a bad news for them. The IdeaTab would come with a dual core CPU. It will also be set with an iPadesque with aspect ratio of 4:3. With this aspect ratio, one cannot expect a tablet with widescreen display but it will be apt for various apps supported by this tablet.
Fascinatingly sources are also claiming this android device to possess a dual-core TI OMAP CPU than the 1.5 GHz dual core Snapdragon. Another feature which was showcased in FCC was its charging capabilities. It only needs an input current of 2.5A at 5V potential to get charged which would be higher than the requirement of most of the other tablets. And due to this reason, Lenovo IdeaTab requires only less time to get charged. For charging, a 12.5W adapter will be provided along with the tablet.
Up till now, the company has not revealed much about this new ICS tablet. One thing they have confirmed is the fact regarding its wireless TI WL1281 chip. Even though S2109A owns to be a WiFi only device, the admirers can hope it to support GPS also. The audio system in the tablet is more enhanced with the 4 powerful SRS-ready speakers.
The Lenovo 9.7 inch Android ICS tablet will be manufactured by the Foxconn who only handles iPad. At present, the FCC filing indicates that this Android product will only be launched in U.S, Canada, Germany, Chile, Russia, Mexico, China, India, Japan and Turkmenistan. The price details of the Lenovo tablet are known at the moment.