TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Stranded In No Man’s Land; Probe On To Ascertain How 31 Rohingyas Crossed Over
- Double Digit Salary Hike This Year In India; Most In Asia
- Gigapixel And Terapixel Imaging — Explained
- India vs New Zealand — The Highs And Lows
- Maruti Ertiga To Come In A Luxury-Focussed 6-Seater Format — An Ideal Business Companion?
- PM Modi Reacts To Kartik Aaryan's 'Backfie' Photo!
- Hodal — Your Ultimate Guide To Haryana's Least Explored Part
- How To Cover Up A Tattoo With Make-up?
Lenovo has announced its first Android powered laptop, the A10. It will be the world's first top PC vendor to ship laptops with Android. The company did not provide any details on pricing and availability, but added that pricing will wary from region to region.
Talking about the laptop's specifications, it uses a 10.1-inch HD (1366x768 pixels) touchscreen display that can be rotated around 300 degrees in 'stand mode"' and 10.1-inch HD (1366x768 pixels) touchscreen display. For processing, it packs a 10.1-inch HD (1366x768 pixels) touchscreen display along with 2GB of RAM. It has about 32GB of internal storage along with a microSD card expansion support.
There are two USB 2.0 ports and one HDMI ports. There is a 0.3-megapixel webcam and then some stereo speakers for audio. The A10 laptop weighs less than a kilogram and measures about 17.3mm at its thickest point, according to the company. It runs Android 4.2 Jelly Bean and features AccuType keyboard with dedicated Android keys for home, back, multitasking, and more.
With this product, it looks like Lenovo is trying to capitalize on the explosive growth of the Android ecosystem. It remains to be seen if customer's will pick an Android laptop over the mover wholesome and powerful chromebooks that are in the market.
Accoridng to an update from TheVerge, the laptop will not be sold in the US. It will find its way onto store shelves in Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and Asia Pacific countries. It will be an affordable device with a price tag of around Rs. 15,000 or so.