TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Supreme Court Verdict On Rafale Deal Tomorrow
- Petrol Price Increased For The First Time In Nearly Two Months
- Hockey World Cup 2018 Quarter-Finals: India vs Netherlands — Updates
- Nissan Kicks Review — KICK-starting A New Statement Among Five-Seater SUVs
- Things To Know About The World's Quad Camera Smartphone
- Patiala — The Princely State Of Punjab
- Inside Pics From Isha's Wedding: Ash-Aaradhya Pose For A Pic
- She Sits In The Lake For The Entire Day — Here's Why!
Mercury has launched a new tablet in the mTab range. Previously, the company has come out with a couple of tablets in this series. The recent one, mTab Rio runs on the Android 4.0 ICS operating system. Mtab Neo2 that was launched in April was based on the Android 2.3 Gingerbread and is upgradeable to ICS.
Previously, Mercury tablets failed to deliver good display quality but now the brand has ensured better quality. The mTab Neo2 had a 7 inch screen while the new one has a 9.7 inch screen with the IPS technology. The mTab Rio is slightly cheaper and it is priced at RS 11,999.
The IPS display technology offers accurate and consistent color from all the viewing angles. This is better than the traditional LCD screens that offer partial true color. The 9.7 inch display with the IPS technology will surely offer vivid, splendid and clear display.
Coming to the specifications front, the Android tablet has a 1.2 GHz processor and a 1 GB DDR3 RAM. It supports Wi-Fi and offers a decent battery backup of 6 to 8 hours of continuous usage. The tablet comes in two options – 8 GB and 16 GB. In both the cases, the memory can be expanded to 32 GB with the micro SD card slot. The mTab Rio has a 2 MP camera at the rear and a 0.3 MP camera front facing camera for video calling.
The Mercury mTab Rio is available for a price in India of Rs 11,999. The device is ready for delivery and comes with a one year warranty from the manufacturer.