TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- "If 10 Parties Gang Up Against One, Imagine Who's Stronger?" — Rajinikanth
- OnePlus 7 Concept Render: Triple-Camera With In-display Selfie
- KTM 390 Adventure India-Launch Details Still Unclear — EICMA 2018 Disappoints Fans
- Deepika Padukone & Ranveer Singh Wedding: This Video From Lake Como Is Breathtaking
- This Is How You Should Financially Plan For A Vacation
- Morning Habits Of Highly Successful People
- All About Kanwar Lake Bird Sanctuary
- NZ Trip Is Good For Test Regulars, Says Rahul Dravid
Surface range of tablets proved to be a big failure, but Microsoft is optimistic about second generation hardware. At Worldwide Partner Conference, Microsoft's chief operating officer (COO) Kevin Turner showed a slide which not only gives clear picture about company's plans , but also hints at the next-generation Surface tablets.
First spotted by The Verge, the slide teased at accessories for the Surface tablets and arrival of Windows 8.1. The new tablets should be launched early next year. The rumors around next-gen Surface RT are not new in town. It is now largely believed that Microsoft will likely to announce updated Surface tablets later this year. The mini Surface tablet was supposed to launch last month at Build developers conference.
Few days back, Bloomberg flashed that Surface RT 2 could get Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor. If Surface tablets get Qualcomm support then one could also see 4G LTE support. Microsoft has already planned to slash the price of Surface RT in the US. Is this an indication of second -gen Surface RT 2 ?
Few days back, Topology analyst Maxwell Chang predicted that like Google, Redmond-based Microsoft would be seen selling Surface Mini competitively. The Surface Mini won't arrive with 10-inch display, but would flaunt a 7.5-inch display size.
Microsoft is likely to aim at taking on the iPad mini because it knows it is hard to compete with Android tablets in terms of price," Chang said.
Well, internally Microsoft is ready to announce next-gen Surface hardware, but the Indian market is still aloof to Surface tablets. GizBot had informed you that a senior executive told us that company could soon announce Surface tablets in India. It is still not clear, when can we expect the devices to be made available , here in India. Stay tuned to GizBot.