TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Shivakumara Swamiji No More — CM Declares Holiday
- India's Richest Got Richer By 39% In 2018 While The Poorest Saw Just 3% Rise
- WhatsApp Limits Message-Forwarding To Five Chats
- URI Enters 100 Crore Club; To Be Remade In Three Languages
- 2019 Yamaha FZ & FZ-S V3.0 Models Launched In India
- MS Dhoni Has A Chance To Break This Sachin Tendulkar Record In New Zealand
- Hodal — Your Ultimate Guide To Haryana's Least Explored Part
- Madhuri Dixit Nene Has A Pretty Humble Office Wear Idea For Us
Samsung attracted many prospective buyers with their Samsung Galaxy Tab series. They have achieved an impressive sales figure for their tablets and this has prompted them to release newer tablet models.
The latest news is that Samsung is working in a new and improved tablet model that is going to be affordable as well. If they manage to roll out such a device then it would be a worthy competitor for the Amazon Kindle Fire which is one of the most popular tablets in the world. Not much details of the device are known and nothing official has come out of the company. The device is said to sport the model number GT-P3100. This model number shows that the new tablet will also come under the galaxy tab series.
According to some online tech sites the tablet will have a 7 inch form factor. Also it is said that the device will work using an ARM11 processor. The 7 inch touch screen display is expected to feature a display resolution of 1024 x 600 pixels. This is the same resolution as in Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0. The presence of an ARM 11 processor in the device is somewhat surprising. If that is true then Samsung might be using the company’s very own Samsung S3C6410 application processor which has a clock speed of about 800 MHz. This processor will be a low power consuming type.
This will ensure that the battery in the device can power the tablet for longer durations of time. No details of the imaging device in the tablet are revealed. Being a budget friendly device it is okay even if the tablet comes with a single front facing camera. But if it has a rear facing good quality camera then it would be an added advantage in the budget level tablet segment. There is no word on the operating system either and the device is very likely to come out with Android 2.3 Gingerbread operating system.
If the company is able to incorporate all this features and roll out a tablet with a somewhat affordable price range.