- 4 min ago Last Week Most Trending Smartphones: Xiaomi Mi 10 Lite, Huawei P40 Pro+, Redmi K30 Pro And More
- 27 min ago Most Trusted Tech Brands By Indian Consumers
- 1 hr ago Redmi Note 9 Pro Tips And Tricks That Every User Must Know
- 1 hr ago Vodafone, Airtel, Reliance Jio Prepaid Users Can Now Recharge With ATMs And SMS
- Education CBSE Academic Calendar 2020-21 For Class 1 To 12
- Movies Hindi Web Shows Releasing In April 2020: Panchayat, Hasmukh, The Raikar Case And More
- News No ration, no jobs: Survey paints grim picture of India’s migrant labourers
- Finance Global Markets Stage Rally On Slowdown Of Coronavirus Cases
- Sports MS Dhoni owns Lasith Malinga in IPL battles between Chennai Super Kings and Mumbai Indians: Scott Styris
- Lifestyle How To Use Vitamin C Serum In Your Skin Care Routine
- Automobiles Honda City Diesel Variants Discontinued In India: New-Generation Sedan Launch Delayed
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Maharashtra In April
Exclusive: "Future is Wireless says Moninder Jain, Vice President Logitech,"
Logitech, the Swiss-based company is one of the leading computer peripheral providers for personal computer and tablet accessories. Some of the computer peripherals include keyboards, mouse, microphones, etc.
Not long ago, the company started producing keyboards and covers for tablets such as the iPad. In mid-2015, they sent out a press release saying that the company looking forward to move beyond PC peripherals.
The company will be celebrating its 35th birthday this month and in the same eve we got an opportunity to speak with the vice president of Logitech India, Moninder Jain, who previously has stints at Samsung India, Xerox India shared his thoughts exclusively with GizBot as follows
GIZBOT: Let's quickly speak about past once. In 2014, Logitech announced to move beyond PC peripherals. Why?
Moninder Jain quotes as the technology has been evolving and Logitech wants to establish in every category. This is not new, we have already launched some wireless range of speakers, keyboards, video conferencing accessories and they are doing good in several markets.
GIZBOT: Logitech acquired Jaybird in April. Any new product coming in near future?
Moninder Jain: As of now, we are not rushing to release a new product under the Jaybird lineup. But, we'll release them in near future and they will be focused for fitness enthusiasts.
GIZBOT: You were the first to release a case for iPhone 6. Is anything coming up for iPhone 7?
GIZBOT: Some of Logitech's top products are not available in India. Will they ever make it to India?
Moninder Jain: See, end of the day it all depends on the potential of the market. Indian market isn't that great in terms of gaming. So, we are bringing fewer products to the country. Maybe in two to three years, the market will pick up and we'll launch the products globally.
GIZBOT: Your words on flight simulator 'Saitek' acquisition
Moninder Jain: The thing is we want to establish ourselves into every sector and this move came especially keeping the same thing in mind. But, there won't be any product in near future.
GIZBOT: Can we see a Logitech smartphone in near future?
Moninder Jain: The answer is No. We are smartphone peripherals provider and we stick to the same, however, we will expand our product portfolio into other categories as well.
GIZBOT: The Logitech K480 Bluetooth keyboard is a super successful one for Logitech
Moninder Jain: Yes, the future is wireless and we believe in that. Even, I use the Logitech K480 personally. And, the most interesting feature of the Bluetooth keyboard is the multiple device connectivities with which you can connect three devices at a time and it will be useful for many people in foreign countries.
GIZBOT: In 2014, Logitech launched a video conference camera. Is that product successful?
Moninder Jain: Yes, the product was successful in foreign countries. I usually conference with my colleagues sitting over in Singapore. And, if am not in Bangalore, this interaction would have done as video conferencing itself.
GIZBOT: The year is almost done! Logitech's roadmap for next year- 2017?
Moninder Jain: We'll be heavily concentrating on wireless devices and video conferencing devices.