TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Rafale Verdict: Centre Moves SC; Seeks Correction On References To CAG Report
- WhatsApp Android Stable Version Gets PIP Mode For Videos
- New Mahindra Thar Spy Pics Out — Almost As Big As A Toyota Innova
- India Post Enters E-Commerce Delivery Business
- India vs Australia: 2nd Test, Day 2 — Kohli And Rahane Keeps India Steady
- Exclusive Interview: Emraan Hashmi Said, "I Don't Take My Films Back Home"
- Siliguri Shopstops: A Bucket List For Shopaholics
- 20 Wonderful Benefits Of Red Spinach
Microsoft has announced the availability of different colors for its Surface Laptop in 20 more countries. Microsoft has also announced that the Windows 10 S operating system upgrade will be aware for free until March 2018. The free OS upgrade was previously available only until December 2017. A spokesperson from Microsoft stated that the upgrade period was extended to provide extra flexibility to buyers who are planning to make the purchase for the Surface Laptop in the holiday season.
It has been noticed earlier that very limited users have upgraded to the Windows 10 S. The extended free upgrade period means more people will get to use the operating system. The Windows 10 S is a direct competitor to Chrome OS.
Windows 10 S restricts the availability of apps to Windows Store. Microsoft has also claimed that the Windows 10 S upgrade will offer improved security and performance to users. Windows 10 S also provides shorter login time to users.
Microsoft Surface laptop was launched back in June this year and was made available in four different colors viz. cobalt blue, burgundy, and graphite gold and regular platinum grey. Microsoft has announced that the Surface will be now available in all the choices of colors in 20 different countries.
Moreover, Microsoft is also introducing the Core i7 Surface Laptop in countries including Japan, Hong Kong, and Taiwan.
The new Surface Laptop colors are now available to order in Canada, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Luxembourg, Netherland, Sweden, Switzerland, UK, Taiwan, HK, China, Norway, Australia, and New Zealand.
Indian consumers need to wait for various colors to debut in the country.