TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Selection Panel To Meet On January 24 To Decide On New CBI Director
- Owning A Maruti Suzuki Is Now A Special Occasion — Here's How
- Flipkart Republic Day Sale Starts From January 20: Deals And Offers
- Kohli Wants To See India As A Superpower In Test Cricket
- Company Fixed Deposits In India Which Offer Yields Of Near 10%
- Visit Yanam: The French Counterpart Of The Southern Peninsula
- Kareena Kapoor Khan's Latest Airport Look Is Laidback And About Flared Denims
- Birthday Boy Sidharth Malhotra Cuts Cake At Midnight! Pics!
Microsoft today made some important announcements for its future products. The company informed that the Office 2019 suite will be made available in the second half of 2018. Microsoft also informed that the previews of the new apps and servers will start shipping in the second quarter of 2018.
As noted, Microsoft Office 2019 was introduced last year at Ignite. It is the next perpetual version of Office that includes apps such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and Skype for Business. The Office suite 2019 also includes servers such as including Exchange, SharePoint, and Skype for Business.
As per Microsoft, Office 2019 apps will be supported on:
Any supported Windows 10 SAC release
Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2018
The next LTSC release of Windows Server
What this means is that Office 2019 will no longer be supported when version of Windows running on your PC is no longer being serviced. The apps will only run on supported Windows 10 Semi-Annual Channel releases, Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2018, and the next LTSC release of Windows Server.
The announcement also mentions that the Office 2019 client apps will be released with Click-to-Run installation technology only. The tech giant said that it will not provide MSI as a deployment methodology for Office 2019 clients. However, Microsoft will continue to provide MSI for Office Server products.
The report also reads that Office 2019 will provide five years of mainstream support and approximately two years of extended support. This is an exception to company's 'Fixed Lifecycle Policy' to align with the support period for Office 2016. Extended support will end 10/14/2025.
There was no change announced related to the support term for existing versions of Office. Besides, Microsoft will also deliver new Remote Desktop and desktop virtualization capabilities within the SAC release cadence of Windows 10 Enterprise and Windows Server later this year. You can join the Windows Server Insider program to get early access to these capabilities.