TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Supreme Court: Sabrimala Order To Continue
- Royal Enfield 650cc Models To Launch In India Today
- DeepVeer Wedding: Deepika Broke Down At Her Mehendi Ceremony
- ATP Finals: Federer Is Back On Track
- Best Phones With Dual-Rear Cameras To Buy In India Under Rs 10,000
- Value Stocks To Buy Under Rs 50
- Morning Habits Of Highly Successful People
- All About Kanwar Lake Bird Sanctuary
There is bad news for PC lovers in India as a latest study has found out that the market for Personal Computers has declined rapidly. This included both the desktops as well as mobile computers. The cause for this trend is the evolution of smartphones experts state.
With more & more people preferring their smartphones over personal computers, the stake value of PCs have gone downhill. One other factor experts attribute is the shortage of certain personal computer components such as hard-disk drives, motherboards etc.
Thailand, which is a major supplier of personal computer components was hit by floods which in turn has led to reduction in the number of P.C units. This is certainly bad as people still prefer using personal computers for work & the smartphones aren't much of a success in this segment. Home users are reportedly the cause for the downhill PC market as they prefer using feature-filled smartphones rather than computers.
In the midst of all this, there comes a ray of hope in the form of good sales figures reported by some personal computer manufacturing majors such as Dell, HP, Acer etc. There are some more emerging companies which are producing their own computers to rival smartphones. Hope this continues & the PC share comes back to normal. Reply with your views in our comment section below.