TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Kulbhushan Jadhav Case At ICJ: Proceedings Adjourned Till Tomorrow
- Mahindra XUV300 Vs Maruti Vitara Brezza — A Detailed Comparison
- Formula One 2019: Nico +Rosberg Most Excited About Vettel-Leclerc Partnership In 2019, Says It Will Be 'Super Fun'
- Airtel Reintroduces Two Prepaid Recharge Plans For Its Subscribers
- Are Exchange Traded Funds ETF Suitable For Your Investment Portfolio?
- Kamalpur — The Long Lost Love Affair Of North-East India
- Alia Bhatt Reveals When She Will Marry Ranbir!
- Anushka Sharma's Street-style Outfit Is Our Latest OOTD
Philips is now on a move to introduce a series of new 7 inch tablets running on Android 4.0 platform. Some of the key features included in these new Philip tablets are:
- MIPS based CPU architecture
- Different media type support
- Android 4.O Ice cream Sandwich OS
- Standard battery with standby time of around 4 to 5 hours
- 1024 × 600 or 800 × 480 pixels screen resolution
- 7 inches display size
The officials have also unveiled that these tablets will come with a screen resolution of 1024×600 pixels or 800×480 pixel depending on the different models which seems great for a 7 inch tab. They have also added that the new series of ICS tablets will support different media types including H.264, MP4, and WMV. The news regarding its battery life has also been revealed. They assure that these new tab will offer the users with a projected battery life of around 4 to 5 hours.
The main highlight of the Philips 7 inch ICS tablets is its MIPS based CPU architecture. The incorporated MIPS processor along with Android ICS operating system will surely showcase the users with an extraordinary performance. The Philip’s move to use MIPS processor instead of the ordinary processors which is widely seen in most of the tablets is something which needs special admiration.
According to the company, they have incorporated this MIPS based CPU architecture so as to offer the users with a superior tablet experience. To enhance the functionalities of the Philips new MIPS processor tablets, Google has taken charge in finding newer ways to expand the use of this newer MIPS based units. Thereby they are assuring the tablet world with an enhanced combination of MIPS processor and Android 4.O OS. Regrettably, Philips is not the first one to come out with this combination. That credit was earlier taken by the Ainol Novo 7.
No detailed specs of these tablets have been revealed yet. The pricing details are also not clear at present. However, the Philips admirers have to wait a little bit to see the new series of tablets in the market.
Reports show that this tablet will be first launched in China. However, there is an uncertainty regarding whether it would be launched in other parts of the globe or exclusively for China only. The company has also added that the new tablets will line up in the list of low budget tablets.