TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- SC To Deliver Verdict On Countrywide Ban On Firecrackers Today
- OnePlus 6T Will Have A Better Low-Light Camera: Camera Sample Teased
- Here's Why Manikgad Fort Near Mumbai Should Be Your Next Destination
- This Is How You Can Include Essential Oils In Your Skin Care Routine
- Ranveer Singh-Deepika Padukone's November Wedding: Inside Details That You Just Can't Miss!
- Hero Destini 125 First Ride Review — A Cost-Effective But Premium Scooter
- Bajrang Punia Settles For Silver In World Wrestling Championships; Loses To Japanese Teen In Finals
- Deadline To File September GST Returns Extended By 5 Days
Samsung has introduced two new smartphones for the African continent. Dubbed as Galaxy Star and the Galaxy Pocket Neo, the two handsets were spotted on the Samsung Forum in South Africa. However, the details about the two devices are limited as the company has not put out any press release of the announcement. Both the smartphones, are said to run on Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean and are aimed at the African market as low-cost handsets.
Although, there is no word on the pricing or date of release of the smartphones, they are expected to be released into the African market in the coming weeks.
Let us have a look at the specification of the two devices.
Samsung Galaxy Star
Galaxy Star S5280 will run on Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean and come with a 3-inch QVGA display with 240×320 resolution, 2MP rear camera, 4GB of internal storage, 512M RAM and dual-SIM. Rumors suggest that the handset will come with a micro SD card slot, connectivity features including Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS and a 1,200 mAh battery. Also, Galaxy Star is said to support only EDGE connectivity.
Samsung Galaxy Pocket Neo
Galaxy Pocket Neo will also run on Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean and have a 3-inch QVGA display with 240×320 resolution, similar to the Galaxy Star, 850 MHz processor, 512 MB of RAM, dual-SIM support, a 2 MP camera, 4 GB of internal storage, and 7.2 Mbps HSDPA. The samrtphone is also expected to have connectivity features including Wi-Fi, GPS, and Bluetooth 4.0.
Both the smarphones, certainly seem similar to each other. The only difference is, Galaxy Pocket Neo comes with 3G connectivity feature, which is absent in the Galaxy Star.