TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Between 2004 And 2018, National Parties Collected Rs 8721.14 Crore From Unknown Sources
- India Beats New Zealand In 1st ODI — Catch The Highlights
- New Mahindra Thar Model’s Spy Pics Out Again — Is It The Largest Indian Off-Roader Ever Made?
- Best Smartphones With Android Pie To Buy In India 2019
- What Are MSMEs Expecting From The Interim Budget 2019?
- Ajay Devgn Shares His Opinion On MeToo Movement
- The Surreal Mahoba, An Offbeat Gem In Uttar Pradesh
- Why Sleep With Your Socks On?
The other day, GizBot reported that Apple may plan to release a 13-inch iPad sometime next year. Now the South Korean giant Samsung is said to have similar plans, and one could probably see a 12.2-inch tablet in the near future.
Earlier this month, it was revealed Samsung might be working on a high-end tablet with a whooping 2560 x 1600 resolution. The tablet said to be known as Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Plus, according to multiple reports.
Codenamed SM-P900, the rumored tablet was spotted on Samsung site under User Agents Profiles. Later Japanese blog RB MEN revealed three variants of leaked SM-P900: SM-P900 - 3G, SM-P901 - Wi-Fi, and SM-P905 - LTE. This is the not the first time, Samsung is coming up with a high resolution tablet. Last time, Sammy launched Nexus 10 in collaboration with Google.
Now the latest leak in regards to Samsung's forthcoming 12.2-inch tablet reveals Indian connection( via Zauba). Samsung might have tested SM-P905 at its Bangalore based R&D center. A closer looks the data base hints at similar sounding codename SM-P900. Currently, the tablet is for testing and evaluation purpose. So there is no chance to see the device to be announced at IFA Berlin. Whether the tablet comes with S Pen or not, is yet another question. Thus, it is too early to call this tablet Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Plus.
Samsung has recently announced a 10-inch version of Galaxy Tab 3. The Intel powered tablet is yet to announce in the Indian market, while the 8 and 7-inch versions have been launched.
In the coming days, we could see other tech vendors going for large display tablets. A 13-inch is an appropriate size to be used in the enterprise sector. With players like Apple and Samsung coming with mega sized tablets next year, it is to be seen what next is coming in the area of mobile computing. Do you think a 13-inch tablet will mark the end of notebook devices? Stay tuned to GizBot.