TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Selection Panel To Meet On January 24 To Decide On New CBI Director
- Owning A Maruti Suzuki Is Now A Special Occasion — Here's How
- Flipkart Republic Day Sale Starts From January 20: Deals And Offers
- Kohli Wants To See India As A Superpower In Test Cricket
- Company Fixed Deposits In India Which Offer Yields Of Near 10%
- Visit Yanam: The French Counterpart Of The Southern Peninsula
- Kareena Kapoor Khan's Latest Airport Look Is Laidback And About Flared Denims
- Birthday Boy Sidharth Malhotra Cuts Cake At Midnight! Pics!
The next-generation Nexus 7 is not far away, if one believes to Taiwanese site Economic Daily. Asus, who is authorized to make sequel to the fabled tablet, is also mum about the coming of second gen Nexus 7. Earlier in the year at Google I/0 2013, it was said that Google could announced the tablet on June 10 along with unveiling of Android 4.3 Jelly Bean.
Now, it appears that Google is finally ready to unveil the "Next Chapter" in Google- Asus relationship. The Economic Daily is reporting that the second gen Nexus 7 is coming later this month. Digitimes had already claimed that the sequel to Nexus 7 is coming sometime in July. The report further gave an insight in regards to specifications. The tablet device is supposed to arrive with 16GB of internal memory and 4G LTE connectivity.
The latest story says that Asus manufactured Nexus 7 2 will use Qualcomm Snapdragon Pro processor instead of Snapdragon 600 processor. Other than processor, the tablet is said to have a 5-mega pixel rear camera. 4G LTE is also coming. While Google is yet to announce a sequel to Nexus 7, but early sales estimate of the forthcoming tablet has already arrived. The refreshed version is expected to sell 8 million units in 2013 alone.
Multiple reports suggest that the display size would remain same at 7-inches, but this time around the screen comes with a resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels. . The first gen Nexus 7 packs a 7-inch display having resolution of 1280 x 800 pixels.
Google successfully placed Nexus 7 in the tablet market - thanks to its very friendly low price. But the second generation tablet device won't come cheap due to features like 4G LTE and Full HD display. The first gen Nexus 7 was placed to crush iPad Mini and to some extent Asus managed to make big profits by selling the tablet device.
In the coming days, one will see the attack from Apple in the form of iPad Mini 2 with Retina Display and what else - improved battery life , iOS 7 and lastly beefed up processor. Stay tuned to GizBot.