TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Rs 100 Coin To Be Introduced Soon — Check It Out
- New Maruti Wagon R 2019 Spy Pics — Looks Bigger And Premium Than The Current Model
- PUBG Mobile Vikendi Snow Map To Release In December
- Central Railway Recovers Whopping Rs 125 Crore From Errant Travellers
- Here's Why You Should Celebrate Christimas The 'Pondicherry Way'
- India vs Australia: 2nd — Aussies Ahead
- Woman Gets Engaged To A Chandelier And Gets A Tattoo Of It
- Alia Bhatt Reveals Why She Looked So Sad With Ranbir Kapoor!
It seems like Japanese electronics consumer product manufacturer Sony is planning to surprise many with a launch of the successor to the Sony Tablet S. While, the predecessor didnot get rave reviews as compared to its rivals in the tablet arena, however, internal slides leaked on German news site Mobiflip suggest that the next tablet is going to be thinner, lighter, and more powerful tablet with a folded-magazine aesthetic.
According to The Verge report, the new device will apparently be branded simply as the 'Xperia Sony Tablet' and will feature a Tegra 3 processor; Android 4.0 "or later;" 16GB, 32GB, or 64GB of internal storage; 3G connectivity; and a larger 6000mAh battery good for 10 hours of Wi-Fi browsing.
Sony has mentioned that the Xperia tablet's 8.8mm-thick splash-proof aluminum shell is 42 percent thinner than the Tablet S,' said the report.
As per reports, one of the unique attractions of this tablet is its splash-proof nature allowing the tablet to be used even in a humid environment. Citing the sources, the report also claimed that Sony is also planning to include a lightweight keyboard and a smart cover for its Sony Xperia tablet.
Pricing and Availability
The 16GB, 32GB and 64GB tablets are expected to arrive with rumoured price tags of Rs. 25,000, Rs. 30,000 and close to Rs. 35,000 respectively (rough figures), informed the report.
However, Sony has is still tight lipped about revealing any information regarding the rumored tablet. More information including the detailed specifications of this tablet is expected to be made available in September when the European Trade Show kicks off. Sony is a participant in this show and tech enthusiasts can expect the company to announce the tablet’s release during the event.