TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Cyclone Gaja To Hit Tamil Nadu Tonight: State On High Alert; Schools Shut
- New Jawa, Jawa 42 And Perak Motorcycles Launched In India; Prices Start At Rs 1.55 Lakh
- Jio GigaFiber: How To Register For Reliance FTTH Broadband Connection
- Inside Details About DeepVeer's Konkani-Brahmin Wedding
- Virat Kohli Vows To Give It Back If Aussies Are Aggressive
- Shraddha Kapoor Gave Us One More Cute Fashion Goal With This Floral Summery Dress
- Health Insurance Major Revamp Plan To Serve Customers Better: Here’s How
- All About The Lost Town Of Poompuhar In Tamil Nadu
When we consider the tablets available in the market most of them run on Android operating system or Windows OS. So what if you need something apart from the usual. The tech world received news about a Linux firmware based tablet a few days ago. From the day the news of the tablet came up there have been many enquiries about the same and some more details are now revealed.
The tablet is named as Spark and will be running in a Linux based operating system. The device has a 7 inch form factor and is very aggressively priced.
Features and specifications of Spark tablet
Linux based OS
800 x 480 pixels
Front facing camera for video calling
1.3 mega pixels
Graphic processing unit
This tablet features a very amazing and beautiful design with straight edges and rounded up corners. Being a 7 inch tablet the device is sufficiently compact and can even fit in your jacket pocket. It will be light weight too. The screen has a size of 7 inches with a resolution of 800 x 480 pixels. This is not the most cutting edge display available but sure gets the job done. The camera in the device is meant for video calling purpose and is kept at the front side. It has a resolution of 1.3 mega pixels.
The tablet runs in a 1GHz AMLogic processor. The CPU is clocked at a speed of 1GHz. To handle all the graphics activities a Mali 400 GPU is provided. The tablet also has 512 MB of RAM. The gadget comes with 4 GB of internal storage memory. There is option to add an external memory card too and memory card of type microSD are supported. On the connectivity side there is Wi-Fi and that is the only option revealed so far. It may contain the usual connectivity features like Bluetooth and USB too.
Spark tablet comes with a price tag of about Rs.13,000/-. The tablet will be available for pre order from next week onwards. It will get shipped by the beginning of May. Since the tablet run in an open source software people can mould the software to meet there requirements. So the tablet can be reconfigured in all ways possible.