- News JOSAA 2019: IIT admission, registration, seat allotment full schedule
- Finance Facebook's Likely Introduction Of Crypto Pushes Bitcoin Price Above $9000
- Sports Woodland wins U.S. Open for maiden major after denying Koepka hat-trick
- Lifestyle Shikha Talsania Gave Us Major Jewellery Goal With Her Latest Look
- Movies Sri Reddy Launches A Scathing Attack On This Star; Leaves Everyone Shocked!
- Automobiles Five And Seven Seater Mercedes GLB Revealed — They ‘Handle’ Family And Friends!
- Education How An Effective Revision Assist You To Fly High In The Competitive Exams
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Toshiba partners with IBM to improve battery efficiency in laptops
The latest news that is making headlines across the international market includes the partnership between Toshiba and IBM in the integration of IBM software in Toshiba’s new line of enterprise laptop personal computers.
The new partnership between Toshiba as well as IBM is expected to bring advanced end point security protection as well as delivering of energy management. The announcement came at the IBM Pulse 2012 Conference. The laptops and personal computers designed for enterprise purposes is expected to reach the markets by the mid of 2012.
The main reason for increasing the battery efficiency of the laptops includes the increasing round the clock wok environment where the users are required to have their laptops running 24/7. The implementation of advanced end point security protection is mainly in the context that laptops are increasingly getting stolen which leads to increased data breaches as well as increasing security risks and energy costs.
This is what led to the development of a new range of enterprise laptops that makes use of Toshiba’s advanced BIOS feature as well as IBM’s Tivoli Endpoint Manager. By making use of this solution, users can now measure the energy usage data by means of using PC Hardware. The implementation of patch management capability in the enterprise laptop personal computers provides enhanced security.
The patch management capability has been designed in such a way that it adapts automatically to the essential patches with a negligible use of the network bandwidth. The implementation of this latest technology in the enterprise laptop PCs allows the IT Managers for visualizing as well as administrating the physical as well as virtual end points. Organizations are also capable of achieving the control, visibility as well as automation.
The addition of this new technology is also expected to provide organizations with enhanced energy as well as security controls. The new technology will enable the authentication of PC by means of using USB portable memory with that of the signature file. This also allows the employees to prevent the data that are stored by means of protecting a third party from operating a laptop in case it is stolen.
The new technology also gives the IT employees an opportunity for explaining the policy to disallow the writing on to an external storage as well as printing in case the personal computer is not legitimate which is on use in the management server.