TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Chhattisgarh Assembly Elections 2018 — Live Updates
- Banks Will Be Closed For 3 Days This Week In Some Cities
- Ban On Registration Of New Vehicles In Bangalore — Does It Really Make A Difference?
- PUBG Mobile Season 4 Arrives With M762 Rifle, Rainy Weather & More
- DeepVeer's New Wedding Pictures Are Out
- Qatar Gets Ready As Four-year World Cup Countdown Nears
- Here's A List Of Bizarre Things That People Have Stolen
- Have You Visited These Saltwater Lakes Of India?
While buying a tablet, you will first look out for an in-built 3G connectivity feature. However, there is a huge difference in the price of Wi-Fi and 3G tablets. It is approximately Rs 7,000 in the high end tablets. This will arise the question before buying a 3G model. This article explains the difference between the 3G and Wi-Fi models.
For instance, Sony S tablet will cost Rs 29,999 for a 3G version but only Rs 22,999 for a Wi-Fi model. Apple iPad 2 has a great difference. The 64 GB Wi-Fi + 3G model is available for Rs 44,900 while the Wi-Fi only tablet costs Rs 36,500 only. The difference is Rs 8,400 and the same applies to the 16 GB version also. Acer also has two different Iconia tablet versions but Wi-Fi is available widely.
Opt for a smartphone
Tablets are not widely used for calling. It is used for data consumption and video chats. These functions require 3G or Wi-Fi. While traveling, you will get Wi-Fi and so 3G is required. However, 3G need not be on your tablet. Most of the tablet users will have a smartphone that comes with Wi-Fi tethering feature. This makes the smartphone a Wi-Fi router so that you can share the 3G on it with the tablet.
What if you don't have a smartphone? Instead of buying a 3G version tablet, get a Wi-Fi one. You will definitely save Rs 7,000 or more. Get a smartphone with this money. There are too many Android powered smartphones like Samsung Galaxy Y, Galaxy Pop, LG Optimus Net, Motorola Fire and more below Rs 10,000.
If you have a smartphone that does not support the Wi-Fi tethering feature, you can get a 3G Wi-Fi dongle for Rs 3,500 to Rs 4,000. This way you get Wi-Fi for your smartphone, tablet, PC and laptop. In the low end tablets, the difference comes to Rs 2,500 to Rs 3,000.