TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Lok Sabha Election Updates: After 24 Years, Mulayam, Mayawati To Share Dais In UP's Mainpuri
- Loyalty matters most, says Kohli
- Tata Nexon Hybrid Or Tata Nexon EV? — Oh Blur! We’re confused!
- Katrina Called Up Varun Before Exiting From Street Dancer!
- How To View Saved Passwords On Chrome For Android?
- Gold Prices in India Stands Still Amidst Muted Demand
- Tara Sutaria Wows In Printed Separates
- Rourkela: A Weekend Getaway
Wishtel PrithV: Linux Tablet With Support of 23 Indian Language Coming Soon
Mumbai based electronics manufacturer, Wishtel well known for its Ira lineup of Android tablets is all set to launch a Linux based tablet which can support 85 Global languages including English, Spanish, French, German, Arabic, Urdu, Zulu and 23 Indian languages anytime post Diwali.
The tablet known as 'PrithV' is priced at $50 (approx. Rs 2,800) and has been developed in association with Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education under Prof Nagarjuna.
Wishtel PrithV will be loaded with educational suite to offer self learning software's for pre-primary, tertiary, higher education for languages, science: physics, chemistry, biology, astronomy, geography, math: algebra, calculus, geometry, medicine, economics, computing and more.
PrithV has been designed to perform basic tasks like emails, web browsing, media and office applications.The company intends to offer their solutions to Universities and Schools worldwide and empower every student with a PC enabled knowledge.
Wishtel plans to expand the capacity of its manufacturing facilities in Maharashtra and Gujarat, while at the same time it will also increase its R&D investment, claimed a senior executive of the company.
So far, Wishtel has released a plethora of tablets including Ira Icon with BSNL 3G, Ira Comet HD, Ira Thing, Ira Thing 2 and Ira Icon 8 and it claims that over 150,000 devices have been shipped. All the tablets launched are low cost devices with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich OS.