TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- India’s Crorepatis Have Increased By 60 Per Cent: CBDT
- How To Avail 20% Discount On iPhone XR Purchase
- Here's Why Manikgad Fort Near Mumbai Should Be Your Next Destination
- Homemade Aloe Vera Moisturiser For Oily Skin
- Radhika On #MeToo: I Love That This Movement Has Come Here!
- Hero Destini 125 First Ride Review — A Cost-Effective But Premium Scooter
- Deodhar Trophy: Chance For Ashwin, Rahane, Raina And Karthik To Remain In ODI Reckoning
- Rupee In Trouble With Year-end Forecast At 76.50 Per US Dollar
For many eBook readers are dead already but Amazon isn't ready to give up on its Kindle e-reader. Ahead of the pivotal holiday shopping season, ecommerce giant introduces new range of Kindle e-readers and updated tablet devices.
It also unveiled an upgraded version of the original Kindle with touch capability. The company initially introduced its new affordable Kindle with touch display in the U.S at a price of $79 or Rs. 4800. Now, the same very model is up for pre-order in India at Rs. 5,990. The new device will start shipping from October 9 Via Amazon.in
The upgraded version comes with 20 % faster processor, longer battery life and of course, a touch enabled display. This is for the first time, the basic Kindle, now comes with a touch screen.
Specs-wise, you'll get to see a standard 6-inch with Pearl e-paper technology with a pixel density of 167ppi. It weighs-in at 191 grams and offers a modest 4GB of native storage. It full supports Wireless technology, which means you hardly require a computer to download content. Amazon claims the battery lasts for up to 4 weeks on a single charge. Users can download free as well as paid e-books from the Kindle store.
With falling prices of tablets, specialized eBook readers, such as the Amazon Kindle, aren't hot seller any more. These devices used to enjoy huge fan following at one point of time but not anymore. According to one estimate, sales of e-readers are expected to remain around 7.8 million in 2015.
Stay tuned to GizBot for more updates!