TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Election results 2018 Updates: Congress Workers Gather Outside T S Singh Deo's Residence In Raipur
- Diesel Now Sells At Its Lowest Price
- India vs Australia: 2nd Test, Day 2 — Live Updates
- Honor Day Sale 13th to 16th December: Heavy Discounts On Smartphones
- Yamaha Adventure Bike In India: Spy Pics Of Yamaha XTZ 125 Raise Expectations
- Here's Why You Should Celebrate Christimas The 'Pondicherry Way'
- Dia Mirza Looks Drop-dead Gorgeous In Her Golden Attire At Isha Ambani’s Reception
- Priyanka Chopra And Nick Jonas To Go To Switzerland For Their Honeymoon?
After launching the most hyped Fire Phone, Amazon has now announced array of new tablets. These new devices are now available for pre-order in the United States.
The Fire HD 6 and 7 tablets will start shipping on October 2, while the Kids Edition and upgraded HDX 8.9 will reach the consumers on October 21. Select color options of these tablet might have a longer shipping time.
Fire HDX 8.9 tablet is the best one in the lot and comes powered by a 2.5 GHz quad-core Snapdragon 805 processor (with an Adreno 420 GPU), apparently being the world's first slate to feature this chipset. The tablet sports the same 8.9-inch display with 2560 x 1600 pixels that's found on the older model.
The tablet also employs Dolby Atmos audio that delivers clear and crisp sound while being "twice as loud as an iPad Air." Amazon is offering the new Fire HDX 8.9 for prices starting at $379 (16 GB version). The tablet also features an 8MP rear camera, and 720p HD front camera. The design is same as the last-generation.
The Fire HD 6 offers a 6-inch display with 800 x 1280 pixels, a quad-core 1.5 GHz processor, 2 MP rear camera, VGA front-facing camera, and 8 GB / 16 GB of internal memory. There's also a new Fire HD 7, which has the same internals, but sports a larger, 7-inch display with the same 800 x 1280 pixel resolution. The Fire HD 6 costs $99 (8 GB variant), and will be released on October 2. The HD 7 will also be released on October 2, starting at $139.
Also, the new 6-inch and 7-inch Fire HDs have Kids Editions, which can be pre-ordered for as low as $149. These come with kid-proof cases, 2-year worry-free guarantee, "best-in-class parental controls", and access to Amazon FreeTime Unlimited for 1 year. Both will be out on October 21.
All these new tablets run Fire OS 4 Sangria, which is a brand-new version of the company's AOSP-based operating system.
It is not clear when Amazon will launch the new devices in India at the moment.