TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- 7.7-Magnitude Earthquake Hits Peru-Ecuabor Border
- Sachin Tendulkar Says India Should Play With Pakistan In ICC World Cup 2019
- Samsung Galaxy Fold — Unique Features Of The Foldable Phone Priced At Rs 1.40 Lakh
- Jeep Compass Recall India — Diesel Variant Of Compass SUV Recalled Over Emission Issue
- Best Places In India To Celebrate Holi 2019
- Standardisation Of Health Insurance — How Consumers Will Benefit
- The Kind Of Student You Are Based On Your Zodiac Sign
- Total Dhamaal — Movie Review
Huawei Collaborates With Audi And Volkswagen To Build Connected Cars
Huawei on Thursday struck a partnership with German car giant Volkswagen that will see the companies work together to integrate smartphone functions into vehicles.
The announcement comes days after Huawei reached a separate connected car agreement with Audi. The Chinese company unveiled technology that integrates smartphone functions with vehicle-mounted systems and allows drivers to use those functions safely while driving.
Huawei and Volkswagen have developed a range of navigation, communication and entertainment apps that use MirrorLink - a technology specification for synchronizing smartphones with a car's infotainment system over any supported interface, be it Bluetooth, WiFi or USB.
Both companies emphasized the need for technology like Mirror Link to enable the safe use of communications services by drivers.
"Our cooperation with Huawei will seamlessly blend the capabilities of users' smartphones with the systems in their cars," said Sven Patuschka, executive vice president of R&D at Volkswagen China, in a statement.
Recommended Link: Google Cardboard VR Headset: All You Need to Know
Meanwhile, earlier this week, Huawei announced a partnership with another car maker, Audi, that will see the Chinese vendor's 2G, 3G and FDD/TDD-LTE modules embedded in Audi's new Q7 SUV.
The first locally produced Volkswagen model equipped with MirrorLink is the Lamando, followed by the also locally produced Golf 7. All imported Volkswagen products for the model year 2016 will be equipped with Mirror Link. There is no word on if this will be expanded to other markets besides China.