- 21 hrs ago Xiaomi 13 With Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 Tipped To Launch On December 1
- 23 hrs ago OnePlus 11 Color Variants Tipped Ahead of Launch; Premium Phones In Offing?
- 23 hrs ago Paytm Will Reapply To Be A 'Payment Aggregator': Will It Affect End Users?
- 23 hrs ago India Vs New Zealand ODI Series: How To Watch It For Free Using VPN
- Sports FIFA World Cup 2022: Spain vs Germany Highlights: Germany stay alive with 1-1 draw against Spain
- Travel Pangong Frozen Lake Marathon: First Marathon At An Altitude Of 13,862 Feet
- Movies Bigg Boss 6 Telugu Elimination: Rajsekhar Packs The Bags & Leaves The House In The 12th Week Episode
- News Owaisi hurls 'chhota recharge' barb at AAP, terms Kejriwal 'Modi of 2013'
- Education How Free courses being offered by Google can boost your career growth?
- Lifestyle Signs That You Are Too Emotionally Dependent On Your Partner
- Finance Top Brokerages Suggests Accumulate Two Multibagger Large Cap & Small Cap Stocks For High Returns
- Automobiles Winter Car Care & Check List – Here’s Everything You Need To Know
Xiaomi Smart Glasses Announced With 5MP Camera, Built-In Mic: Competition To Facebook?
Xiaomi is further expanding its product portfolio with the launch of new smart glasses. Recently, Facebook introduced Ray-Ban Stories, a pair of smart glasses that can click pictures. The new Xiaomi smart glasses are capable of more than taking pictures, the company said during the launch. Here's everything you need to know about the new Xiaomi smart glasses.
Xiaomi Smart Glasses Announced
The Xiaomi packs a lightweight chassis and can do a couple of handy functions. For instance, this pair of smart glasses can display messages and other notifications. Xiaomi says the new smart glasses weigh 51 grams, which makes them heavier than Facebook's Ray-Ban Stores. Presently, the price and availability of the Xiaomi smart glasses haven't been disclosed.
Xiaomi Smart Glasses Features
The Xiaomi Smart Glasses draw power from the quad-core ARM processor and run Android. Despite the features it offers, Xiaomi says this is one of the most lightweight and stylish smart glasses. The smart glasses pack a simpler structure technology, enabled to create a compact display with individual pixels sized at 4μm.
When you take pictures on the 5MP camera on Xiaomi Smart Glasses, you won't be able to see it in color as it uses a monochrome display solution "to allow sufficient light to pass through complicated optical structures. This pair of smart glasses also use MicroLED imaging technology. To note, this technology has higher brightness and a longer lifespan than OLED.
"The refraction process involves bouncing light beams countless times, allowing the human eye to see a complete image, and greatly increasing usability while wearing. All this is done inside a single lens, instead of using complicated multiples lens systems, mirrors, or half mirrors as some other products do," Xiaomi says while unveiling the new smart glasses.
Xiaomi Smart Glasses: Uses And Benefits
Xiaomi says the new smart glasses are more than a secondary screen for your phone. The Xiaomi Smart Glasses alone can do a lot of things, independently. For instance, it can selectively show you the most important notifications, including smart home alarms or texts, or calls from important contacts. Plus, you can switch on the Maps via smart glasses while driving.
Plus, the Xiaomi smart glasses have a built-in mic and speaker, allowing you to even answer calls. Xiaomi says the mic will be able to pick up speech, which Xiaomi's proprietary translating algorithm can translate in real-time. Additionally, it has an indicator sensor to tell you when the camera is in use.
Xiaomi Smart Glasses Vs Facebook Ray-Ban Stories
Obviously, one might want to compare the features between the Xiaomi smart glasses and the recently announced Facebook Ray-Ban Stories. For one, the Ray-Ban Stories pack dual cameras and comes in 20 different styles to choose from. Xiaomi is yet to announce the different color or model options on its Smart Glasses.
Also, the Facebook Ray-Ban Stories is much more lightweight, offering similar functions like answering calls with an in-built mic. That said, the Facebook smart glasses are currently limited to the US, Australia, Canada, Ireland, Italy, and the UK markets. The Xiaomi Smart Glasses will likely cater to the Asian market as well as the American and European markets, having a wider reach.