TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Four-Storey Building Collapses In Gurugram; Many Feared Trapped
- Virat Kohli To Be Rested For Last Two ODIs And T20I Series Against New Zealand
- New Mahindra Thar Model’s Spy Pics Out Again — Is It The Largest Indian Off-Roader Ever Made?
- PayTM Mall On Republic Day — Samsung Carnival Offers
- Best Low-Priced Stocks To Buy For 2019
- Ajay Devgn Shares His Opinion On #MeToo Movement
- All You Want To Know About Toothukudi
- Deepika Padukone Adds Another All-black Ensemble With This Airport Attire
Industry analysts estimate that the next wave of growth is expected from wearable computing devices. Samsung and Sony are committed to invest heavily in the wearable segment. The success of Google Glass could be one of the reasons why wearable technology is said to make a big impact on consumers. Smart watch, is one of the form of wearable computing devices.
The concept of smartwatch goes back to early 90s. Remember Casio calculator watch! The world's leading tech vendors are trying to extend their potential, and now want to prove their worth by announcing another category.
Some of them are really interested in making smart watch a success, while others are more concentrated in expanding their reach. Last year, the Japanese giant Sony tried to make "connected experience "simple. We have no idea whether Sony then wanted to do an experiment in the form of SmartWatch or not. Now it is clear that smart watch as a category is here to stay. For a time being, these tech vendors would still like to call smart watch as an accessory. More or less, player like Sony and Samsung have seen potential in wearable computing devices.
The unparalleled success of Galaxy series gave Samsung a confidence to test smartwatch. Even before Galaxy Gear, the South Koran giant had a failed smart watch phone. Let's not go back into past. Coming back to Galaxy Gear, it's an Android powered watch with an internal processor plus you can even receive /make calls.
The Samsung Galaxy Gear was announced at this year's IFA tech show with pomp & show. Today, Samsung India launched Gear alongside the Galaxy Note 3. There are some interesting points that you should know before finalizing Galaxy Gear. First of all, the device itself is expensive. It packs an Android smartphone into a form of wrist watch. Being a first gen smart watch , definitely , Samsung would like to charge" premium".