TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Scribe Murder Case: Gurmeet Ram Rahim, 3 Others Get Life Imprisonment
- India vs Australia, 3rd ODI: Preview
- Owning A Maruti Suzuki Is Now A Special Occasion — Here's How
- Xiaomi Mi 9 New Concept Render With Bezel-Less Display And More
- 7 Best SBI Mutual Fund Schemes To Invest Through SIP
- Why A Trip To Tabo Is The Best Himalayan Adventure You Will Ever Have
- Sidharth & Diana Penty's Grand Outfits
- Deepika Padukone Launches Children’s Book With Her Story; Sidharth Malhotra Takes Selfies With Fans
PlayStation 4, the successor to the PlayStation 3, will be officially launched in India on December 18 in New Delhi based event. Yeah! You heard it right, just few minutes back, GizBot received a press invite on the behalf of Sony India for the upcoming launch event.
PlayStation 4 has been launched in the US and Europe at a price point of $399 (Rs 24,627 approx) and £349 (Rs.35,530) . Apparently, Sony has sold roughly 2.1 million PS4 consoles globally since its official launch. The console, which is touted to change the gaming console business forever, went on sale in the US on November 15.
The predecessor to the PlayStation 4 sold a mammoth 80 million and still going strong with big ticket games planned for the aging system. The initial sales of Sony PlayStation 4 have been strong since its inception. While on the other hand, Microsoft's Xbox One console is equally making its presence felt around the globe.
The Xbox One, which went on sale on November 22 in the US, is priced at $499(Rs 30,800 approx) . Analysts expect that Sony's PlayStation 4 would relatively do well due to affordable price tag and positive buzz on the web.
Sony is aiming to sell 5 million units of PlayStation 4 by end of its fiscal year. The successful debut of PlayStation 4 could bring positive growth for the struggling consumer electronics giant.
The coming of PlayStation 4 in India later this month should be treated as a positive sign for PlayStation fanboys.
Rumor has it that Sony would sell the latest generation console above Rs. 35,000 in the Indian market. India's largest game retailer Game4U had been taking pre-order since past few months.
By paying Rs 3,000 as bank deposit, users can pre-order the PlayStation4, right away.
Stay tuned to GizBot for more updates!