- 2 hrs ago Redmi Note 8, Redmi 8, Redmi 8A Dual Receive Price Hike In India
- 3 hrs ago Redmi Note 9 Pro Max Review: Worth Every Extra Dime
- 3 hrs ago Penumbral Lunar Eclipse To Start Next Month In India: When To Watch
- 6 hrs ago Week 24, 2020 Launch Roundup: Infinix Hot 9, Gionee K6, Vivo Y70s 5G, Realme 6s And More
- News Rajasthan extends night curfew to minimise spread of virus
- Sports ICC T20 World Cup 2020: Kumar Sangakkara says one option is to cancel it
- Finance Markets Next Week: Global Cues To Remain Key
- Automobiles Top Bike News Of The Week: Ninja 1000, Z650 & Gixxer 250 BS6 Bikes Launched & More
- Lifestyle Happy Birthday Sobhita Dhulipala: Five Times The Diva Left Us Stunned With Her Unconventional Style
- Movies Sarkaru Vaari Paata Is The Official Title Of Mahesh Babu's #SSMB27 With Parasuram!
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In North India In June
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
How To Use Parental Controls On Netflix And Make It Kid-Friendly
The selection of movies and TV shows that Netflix has is almost impossible to match by any other OTT platform. It has content, which is suitable for children and adults alike. Are you worried that your child might see something that you don't want them to see? Then, you might need to set up parental controls on your Netflix account and here is how you can do it.
First and foremost, you can only set up parental controls on Netflix using a web browser and it cannot be done on a smartphone or a smart television app. Log in to your Netflix account on a web browser via a computer or a smartphone browser and follow these steps.
Setup A New Kid-Friendly Profile
- Go to manage profiles
- Select create a new profile
- Tick the box that says, child
In this profile, one can only watch content, which is children friendly (Children aged above 7).
A children profile offers a simplified UI and they will not be able to change the settings of the account. If your child is a bit older, then you can change the maturity settings to 13+ or 16+, which will then show the appropriate content.
Lock Your Profile With A Pin
As Netflix has a common password, it is recommended to lock your and any other adult profile with a pin code, so that the children won't be able to access it.
To do the same, go to accounts > profiles and parental control > profile lock and set up a new pin code. After setting the code, you will only be able to access this profile by entering the code.
Access Viewing History
This is also an important feature in the parental control process. With this option, one will be able to see (non-children account) on the shows and movies that one is watching. To see the complete list, click on show me more.
If you want to analyze this data privately, then you can download it in CSV format, which can be accessed using any spreadsheet software.