- Sports ICC Cricket World Cup 2019: Virat Kohli 'walks' out, fumes in dressing room as replays suggest he was not out
- News J&K: 'Braveheart' cop who was injured in June 12 Anantnag terrorist attack dies
- Lifestyle Shikha Talsania Gave Us Major Jewellery Goal With Her Latest Look
- Movies Sri Reddy Launches A Scathing Attack On This Star; Leaves Everyone Shocked!
- Finance 90,000 Affordable Homes In Navi Mumbai To Be Made Available Under PMAY
- Automobiles Five And Seven Seater Mercedes GLB Revealed — They ‘Handle’ Family And Friends!
- Education How An Effective Revision Assist You To Fly High In The Competitive Exams
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Samsung Galaxy S4 Gets Android Marshmallow Via CyanogenMod [Here is How To Update]
Google has rolled out its latest Android 6.0 Marshmallow update to its Nexus devices and proud owners of Nexus smartphone have already started getting OTA update.
Well, many are wondered when there smartphone will get the latest Android update. Thankfully, few OEM's like Samsung, Sony, HTC and Motorola have announced their list of smartphones that are getting the Android 6.0 Marshmallow update.
Samsung is yet to confirm which of the Galaxy S series phones will get the new Android Marshmallow update. However, YouMobile claims that they have managed to get the official list of Samsung Galaxy devices that will receive the Android 6.0 Marshmallow update in the coming months.
Looking at the Samsung's previous software release pattern, it seems that the company is likely to ditch the 2013 flagship smartphone - Galaxy S4 for Android Marshmallow update.
However, owners of Galaxy S4 can now update there device to the Android Marshmallow, thanks to the senior member of XDA Developer Forum, who came up with the Android Marshmallow-based CyanogenMod CM13 custom ROM compatible with the Samsung Galaxy S4.
You can update your Galaxy S4 with model number GT-I9505 to Android 6.0 Marshmallow-based CyanogemMod CM13 custom ROM using this tutorial. Please note, this firmware is not an official release by Samsung or by Google, but just a custom ROM, which require a custom recovery installed in the device in order to flash the ROM.
Points To Remember before installing custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy S4.
• This tutorial is only for installing Android 6.0 Marshmallow-based CyanogemMod CM13 custom ROM for Samsung Galaxy S4 with model number S4 GT-I9505 international LTE models only. Installing this ROM on any devices including other Galaxy S4 variants, could brick the device.
• The smartphone should be rooted before installing the custom ROM and have latest ClockworkMod recovery installed in the device.
• Ensure Samsung Galaxy S4 USB drivers are installed on the PC. Backup all the data, additional files and apps. Installing custom ROM will wipe the memory of the smartphone.
• The Samsung Galaxy S4 should have at-least 80 percent or above battery to avoid power off during the installation process.
[Disclaimer: This procedure is highly technical. If the smartphone brick or damaged during the installation process, GizBot cannot be held responsible for any kind of damage for the smartphone. Hence, the user has to perform the installation on their own risk.]
Before starting the installation process, download the required files to from the link provided below.
We have put together complete step-by-step instruction guide on how to flash the Android custom firmware on Samsung Galaxy S4. If you are used to install custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy devices, then install this custom firmware on Galaxy S4 is no different. However, for beginners, you need to read and understand the tutorial before actually performing it on your device. Have a look at the slider to know more.
Connect Samsung Galaxy S4 (GT-I9505) to PC using USB cable.
Copy and paste the CyanogenMod [unofficial] Android 6.0 Marshmallow CM13 custom ROM zip file and Google Apps zip file into the phone's SD card memory. [Note: Users are advised to paste the .zip file in SD card root, not in any other folder.
Turn off the device and disconnect from the PC.
Now boot the smartphone into Recovery Mode, by press and holding Volume Up + Home + Power buttons together.
Once you are in the ClockworkMod Recovery, perform full data wipe by selecting 'wipe data/factory reset' option. Use Volume keys to navigate and Power button to select, while operating in the recovery mode.
Now, clear the cache memory of the device by choosing 'wipe cache partition'.
Go back to main menu of recovery mode and select on 'install zip from SD card'. Now navigate to the SD card to select the downloaded custom ROM zip file.
Once the ROM is installed successfully on your Galaxy S4 and then repeat the step 8 to install Google Apps, which you copied in the SD card in previous steps.
Reboot the smartphone from recovery mode by selecting 'reboot system now'.
The Galaxy S4 will take at least 5 minutes to boot for the first time with custom ROM installed. Now your smartphone is updated to the Android 6.0 Marshmallow with custom firmware. To verify the Android build: go to device Settings >> About Phone and check details.