- Vodafone Rs. 458 prepaid plan offers 2.8GB data for 84 days
- Reliance Jio beats incumbent telcos: TRAI MySpeed Data
- Vodafone revises Rs. 199 prepaid plan to offer 2.8GB data per for 28 days
- How to activate Amazon Prime membership on Vodafone RED postpaid plans
- Content is emerging as revenue generator in the competitive telecom market: Ind- Ra
- Telecom Industry is expected to be stabilized in a few quarters: ICRA
Vodofone has introduced its 4G service in major metros like Delhi, Bengaluru, Mumbai and Kolkata. The service will will roll out the high-speed mobile internet service in the region by March 2016.
If you are already a Vodafone customer, you can switch to a 4G-ready Vodafone SIM right now. You don't need to wait for 4G service to be launched in your city. The 4G-ready Vodafone SIMs are available in the major metros.
Vodofone is also offering customers 1GB of 4G data in some regions if you switch to a 4GB SIM. Well, the free data can be availed when 4G service get launched in your city. However, you can switch to a 4G-ready Vodafone SIM by following these easy steps shown in the slider below.
Visit any nearby Vodafone Store and pay your request for 4G-ready SIM.
After identification process, you will receive a new 4G-SIM card.
To activate the card, use your existing Vodofone number to SMS "SIMEX (19 digit new 4G SIM card number>" and send to 55199.
Now, you will receive a response SMS from 55199 with partial SIM number entered. Now send the last 6 digits of the new SIM number to 55199 within 2 hours of receiving the response SMS.
Later, you will receive a success SMS and your 4G SIM will be activated within 5 to 10 minutes. Replace your old SIM with the 4G SIM in the handset and start using.