- 12 min ago Honor 30 Lite Leak: Quad-Rear Cameras, Kirin 810 SoC And More
- 18 min ago Canon EOS RP Mirrorless Camera Review: Is The Most Affordable Mirrorless Camera Worth Your Time?
- 22 min ago Bill Gates Reveals His Biggest Mistake Was Not Beating Google's Android
- 1 hr ago OnePlus To Launch A New Phone In India On Amazon Prime Day 2019
- News Head constable of RAC shoots himself outside Finance Ministry
- Movies 10 Years Since We Lost Michael Jackson; Few Shocking Details From The Day Of King Of Pop's Death
- Finance Indigo Flat Rs. 2000 Cashback Offer: Know Details
- Lifestyle Carrots: Nutritional Health Benefits, Risks & Recipes
- Sports Dutch MotoGP is a race you do not want to miss!
- Education Top 10 Indian Universities In QS World University Rankings 2020
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza Facelift To Get Four Airbags, Sunroof & New Petrol Engine
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
How To Install Android 5.1.1 Lollipop Custom ROM By AICP On Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 users can now be able to use the Android 5.1.1 Lollipop on their smartphone using the AICP custom ROM. The custom build firmware is based on AOSP including all the CM12 features as well.
You will get features like changing LCD Density, Gesture Control and Heads up notifications. Overall this is a very stable, fast and smooth ROM, which will enhance the Note 3 experience.
As this is not an official release by Samsung, the Galaxy Note 3 should be rooted and custom recovery look like ClockworkMod or TWRP should be installed on the device. The custom recovery is required to flash the ROM and GApps to the phone.
This tutorial will guide you on how to install the Nightly custom ROM on the T-Mobile variant of Samsung Galaxy Note 3 with model number N900T.
If you are used to flash custom ROM on Android devices, then install on the Galaxy Note 3 is no different. But for beginners, do read all the points and step-by-step installation guide provided below, before installing the custom ROM on Galaxy Note 3.
AICP Android 5.1.1 Lollipop ROM features
The AICP custom ROM comes with tons of new features and is based on Android 5.1.1 Lollipop. Here are the key features listed below.
- Almost all CM features
- Notification FC D
- Proximity Call
- LCD Changer
- Gesture Anywhere
- Boot animation changer
- CM Theme Engine
- Slim Launcher, Head Up and with ability to disable
[Disclaimer: This procedure is highly technical. If the smartphone brick or damaged during the installation process, GizBot cannot be held responsible for any kind of damage for the smartphone. Hence, the user has to perform the installation on their own risk.]
Points to Remember
1. This tutorial is only for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 bearing model number N900T. Installing this custom ROM on other variants of Galaxy Note 3 could brick the device.
2. Ensure your smartphone is unlocked and rooted with the custom recovery tool.
3. Backup all the important data, additional files, apps and settings of Galaxy Note 3. Installing the custom ROM completely wipe the memory of the smartphone.
4. Make sure the Note 3 has at-least 60 percent or above battery charge to avoid power off during the installation process.
5. Ensure Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N900T drivers are installed on the computer.
6. Enable USB Debugging in the smartphone. To enable USB Debugging go to Settings >> Developer Option and select Enable USB Debugging.
Android 5.1.1 Custom ROM (File name: aicp_hltetmo_lp-9.0-NIGHTLY-20150602.zip)
Complete Step-by-step Installation Instructions
Step 1: Connect the smartphone to the computer and mount the Galaxy Note 3 USB memory using USB cable.
Step 2: Now copy and paste the zip files of Android 5.1.1 Custom ROM and Google Apps, which downloaded earlier, to the SD card root. Make sure the files are copied to the SD card root and not in any folders.
Step 3: Switch off the Note 3 and disconnect from the USB cable.
Step 4: Boot your Galaxy Note 3 to the recovery mode. To get in the recovery mode, switch on the smartphone by holding volume Up + Home + Power buttons together.
Step 5: Once you are in the recovery mode, perform full data wipe by selecting 'wipe data/factory reset'. Use the Volume keys to navigate and Power button to select in the recovery mode.
Step 6: Now perform cache wipe by selecting 'wipe cache partition'.
Step 7: Go back to the main menu of the recovery mode and perform dalvik cache wipe by selecting 'wipe dalvik cache' in the Advanced option.
This step is optional, but it is recommended to perform dalvik cache, so that you will not get boot loops or any other errors while installing the custom ROM.
Step 8: Again go back to the main menu of the recovery mode and select 'install zip from SD card'.
Step 9: Now select 'choose zip from SD card'. Navigate to the Android 5.1.1 custom ROM zip file that you copied to your SD card and select the file.
Confirm the installation on the next screen. Installing custom ROM might take some time, wait until the installation completes and do not interpret the installation process.
Step 10: Repeat the step 8 and step 9 to install Google Apps to your phone.
Step 11: After installing both custom ROM and Google Apps. Now go back to the main menu of the recovery mode and reboot the smartphone by selecting 'reboot system now'.
Your Galaxy Note 3 will take about 5 minutes to boot for the first time with custom ROM installed in it. After the smartphone starts, complete recommended setups and verify the AICP Android 5.1.1 Lollipop custom ROM installed on your phone. To verify go to device Settings and scroll down and tap on About Device to verify.
Source: Team Android