- 1 hr ago Poco F1 Finally Gets Android 10 Update With MIUI 11 Avatar
- 6 hrs ago Buying Guide: Best Selfie Camera Smartphones Under Rs 20,000 To Buy In India
- 13 hrs ago Vodafone Rs. 398, Rs. 558 Prepaid Plans Launched; Rs. 19 Plan Revised
- 14 hrs ago Vivo Might Launch Its Sub-Brand IQOO In India: Report
- News Telangana Municipal Elections 2020: Voting underway amid tight security
- Sports BCCI asks Wriddhiman Saha to avoid Ranji Trophy ahead of New Zealand series
- Finance HDFC AMC Shares Surge 2% On Reporting 45% Jump In Q3 Profit
- Movies Kangana Ranaut Reacts To Saif Ali Khan's 'No Concept Of India Before British' Comment
- Lifestyle You Should Not Do These Things To Your Hair In Winters
- Automobiles MG ZS Electric SUV Registers 2,800 Units In Bookings Within 27 Days Of Unveil
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Jammu and Kashmir In 2020
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
How To Update Samsung Galaxy Note Edge to Android 5.1 Lollipop With Resurrection Remix ROM
Samsung Galaxy Note Edge owners can now enjoy the Android 5.1 Lollipop custom ROM on their device. The Resurrection Remix has released CyanogenMod 12.1 based Android 5.1 Lollipop custom built ROM for the Galaxy Note Edge.
The Resurrection Remix has provided completely working custom ROM for the Galaxy Note Edge. The custom ROM comes with amazing feature including CM 12.1 theme based on Android 5.1 Lollipop.
This tutorial will guide you on how to install Resurrection Remix Android 5.1 Lollipop custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy Note Edge with model number N915F.
If you are used to install custom ROM, then this should not be any different for installing on Galaxy Note Edge N915F. For beginners, don't forget to read all the points mentioned in the tutorial before installation.
Points To Remember Before Installation Process.
1. Backup all the data and additional files. Installing custom ROM on the device will wipe all the data.
2. Ensure USB drivers of Galaxy Note Edge is installed on your computer.
3. The Galaxy Note Edge should have at-lease 80 percent of battery charge to avoid power off during installation process.
4. The smartphone should be rooted with the latest recovery tool before installing the custom ROM.
5. This tutorial is only for installing the Resurrection Remix Android 5.1 ROM for Samsung Galaxy Note Edge with model number N915F. Installing on any other device or other variant of Galaxy Note might brick the device.
Download above mentioned files to your computer.
Complete Step-by-Step Installation Guide
Step 1: Connect and mount Galaxy Note Edge N915F to your computer using the USB cable.
Step 2: Copy and paste both downloaded zip files to SD card root. Do not paste the downloaded zip files to device memory or inside any other folders.
Step 3: Switch off the smartphone and disconnect from the computer.
Step 4: Boot the smartphone to Recovery Mode, by pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power buttons at a time.
Step 5: Perform full data wipe by selecting 'wipe data/factory reset' option in the recovery mode.
(Note: Use Volume keys to navigate and Power button to select, while operating in the recovery mode.)
Step 6: Clear cache memory of the Galaxy Note Edge by selecting 'wipe cache partition'
Step 7: Go back to recovery mode and select 'advance' and choose 'wipe dalvik cache' to perform complete wipe. (Note: This step is optional but its is recommended to completely format the smartphone before installing the custom ROM).
Step 8: Select 'install zip from SD card' from the main menu of recovery mode. Navigate to the SD card to select the downloaded ROM zip file. Repeat the same to install Google Apps.
Installing custom ROM and Google Apps might take more than 5 minutes, wait until the installation process gets complete.
Step 9: Reboot the Galaxy Note Edge from the recovery mode by selecting 'reboot system now'.
Now the Samsung Galaxy Note Edge must be running the custom built Resurrection Remix Android 5.1 Lollipop ROM.
[Note: This procedure is highly technical. If the smartphone brick or damaged during the installation process, GizBot cannot be held responsible for any kind of damage for the smartphone. Hence, the user has to perform the installation on their own risk.]
Source: Team Android